• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tualatin peeps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
here is a cpu i found and want to get in instead on the one in sig. Do to stability i had to go back to 1.2ghz she was giving my ue's and quiting games. i was wonding if the following info if the cpu here would be a good overclocker.

Prod Code: BX80530F1200256SL5Y5
FOP/BATCH Q138A335

If so then I'll buy form this guy down the street. He had it in a powerleap converter and has no idea about overclocking.

the cpu i got a few days ago has the following

Prod Code:bx80530f1200256sl5xs
fpo/batch q205a283

Ol' man said the the X in sl5xs was a bad sign. so if the sl5y5 is suppose to better for overclocking.

Or should i just wait and get the new stepping cpus Da masters friend got one i think 1400 celeron that did 133fsb out of the box with a little bump in voltage 133*14=1862mhz thats good!

Thanks for any advice/repies on this!

*note im looking to hit the 133fsb maybe higher a 1.1a would do it but i want 1.6ghz + with in spec pci speeds.

No I found when the FPO batch number had a Q in it was bad for me anyway! That SL5XS may be a good CPU.

ol' man said:
No I found when the FPO batch number had a Q in it was bad for me anyway! That SL5XS may be a good CPU.

Well at 1.5ghz 1.6v was unstable as i stated above so i think im going to try and get the new stepping cpus. The Q has to be a bad thing since i had 133 4:4:1 divider and 1.75 and 1.8v and still no go with it

Evilsizer said:

Well at 1.5ghz 1.6v was unstable as i stated above so i think im going to try and get the new stepping cpus. The Q has to be a bad thing since i had 133 4:4:1 divider and 1.75 and 1.8v and still no go with it

Sounds all too familiar.

well an idea why!

hey ol' man i just thought of something the Ax-7 is good if you have the 50+cfm fans. I dont want the noise, so i started looking at pics agian and the ax-7 may be good but does not have the surface area that the swiftech MCX370 has. so i may get a 50cfm or just get that swiftech instead. Also the swiftech i read somewhere you can get a TEC kit for it. That would be cool to overclock even more. Just a few thoughts!

*note system was unstable due to high cpu temps! i figured that out last night when the case temp was 34C and my cpu load temps never reached 49c or 50c like the past few nights so better cooling is in order.

Evilsizer said:

"Q" is not a bad thing...it just means Made in Malay

Now...about the differences of these 2 cpu's

The 1st one SL5Y5 is made in Malay the 38th week of 2001
and it's a BOX version

The 2nd one SL5XS is also made in Malay the 5th week of 2002
and it's an OEM version.

What i dont understand...is why make the same mistake twice.
When you see that the majority of these 1.2 Tualatins CANT hit
133 fsb !!!

Wouldnt it be more wise to get a 1.1A @1500 with better mem bandwidth than a 1.2@1500 ??

....or wait for the new stepping to hit the market ?

That's my opinion...and nothing more

Good luck with your o\c

well i got mine to post at 1.6ghz 1.7v but because heat was in 49c or so it would not finish booting into windows. so now im looking for a better fan or hfs. I have the ax-7 with 40cfm fan which should be more than enough for this cpu. I have noticed that it does not have the surface area that the Swiftech MCXC370 has or the Millennium Glaciator II. Also the sl5xs is boxed that is mine i bought retail.... Im trying to figure out now what to do about cooling.

Evilsizer,

I would wait for the new stepping also...
I think that a tuala 1.2 malay from week 38, 2001 is quite risky for attempting 133 fsb. Early malay chips were said to be poor overclockers .... compared to phillies. Now and for what I read in this forums, 2002 malays are much better.

Regards
FTC

good news and then some bad!

First the good 1.6ghz @1.65v works!
bad- get windows protection error.

Well looks like im going to have to do the vid mod agian.

ok so more voltage did not work does that mean no go for 1.6ghz then altogether? If so then ill end up buying a new stepping 1400 celeron, remember that DA or DM master post about the 1400celeron at 18xx something...

It amazes me how many people read these forums and see a few posts that indicate that someone is oc'ing there cpu to super high speeds and its supposed to be automatic that every chip will reach these super high speeds with no effort. If every 1.2 tualy would hit 133mhz intel would sell them as 1.6 chips. All tully/cely chips are basicaly made the same its just that some get tested and bined as faster chips and others are either not tested or even fail at higher speeds but test ok at slower clock speeds. Most every celyt will run at least 1400mhz but its a crap shoot for anything else. Sure we all want to build faster and faster computers but what is more important a computer that runs like a corvette but crashes like a chevy or a BMW that never breaks and still performs pretty well on the internet highway. Besides the celyt is like ridding an old race horse its still got some game but its best days are passing it by. Eventualy we will all have to get a new ride so be happy with any extra MHZ you get and enjoy the ride.

Evilsizer said:
well g good job for making me feel like ****! :(
Evilsizer
I didnt mean to flame you or make you feel bad. I just made a general statement mostly to neebies and rookies who read a few threads and jump to major conclusions.
Good luck and dont take it personal

well with the good overclocking of the p3-700@933 i was hoping of the same kind of overclock and looking at the cpu data base on the 1.2ghz celeron. 16.ghz looked like it would have been a good deal.

Back