• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9600 Pro,I am not impressed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ordered the 9500 Pro,I am building a house so I have to watch the cash:)

Turn on some AA and Aniso those are the strong points of the R300. The 9500Pro at stock is about as good as a 4400. but with AA and Aniso turned on it rocks the Geforce4. So TURN UP THE QUALITy setTINGS :)

Dave65 said:

I am getting another 4200,that is all I can get.

But I also just got my 9500 Pro and it don't seem any different than the 9600 was .Same score in 3D Mark 2003..

Your still missing the point. No one is saying the Ti4200 isnt as fast as the mid level ATi cards, what everyone has tried to tell you is the VISUAL Quality of the ATi cards leaves the Ti4200 sucking wind.

Its possible you are using a 15 inch monitor with a .28 dot pitch...in that case no video card will help you get better visual quality. I believe most people here (being the enthusiasts that we are ;)) are running quality 19 inch or bigger monitors that support 1600 x 1200 resolutions , in other words we see a glaring difference in quality between different video cards.

You might not run any game faster without AA and AF using the 9500/9600, but they will sure as heck look a lot better when its on. With the eye candy turned on the Ti4200 might as well be a GeForce 2 MX for all the chance it stands against the 9600/9500 cards....

Realize that we, as a group of computer users, have moved beyond FPS as the most important issue for video cards. Almost all of the mid and upper level cards are so fast you can no longer see a difference...now it is VISUAL Quality that has become as important as FPS...and in this battle ATi has a big lead.

If you want pure speed (FPS) and visual quality from the ATi camp your gonna have to spring for the 9700/9800's. With nVidia if you want both your gonna have to spring for a 5900/5800.

Ti4200's are fast...no question...but they stand no chance when you turn up the quality seetings.

Dragonprince said:

No I understand I am just saying as far as a replacement I can only exchange for same card.
My monitor is a 21 inch,but I see what you are saying,my games are more realistic with this 9500 Pro,over the 9600 Pro.
I am not sure were to set the setting yet,but as far as my favorite games the FPS are definately better than the 4200 and the 9600.I am happy with this card.
I will play with it and get to understand it a bit more...Thanks:)

Your still missing the point. No one is saying the Ti4200 isnt as fast as the mid level ATi cards, what everyone has tried to tell you is the VISUAL Quality of the ATi cards leaves the Ti4200 sucking wind.

Its possible you are using a 15 inch monitor with a .28 dot pitch...in that case no video card will help you get better visual quality. I believe most people here (being the enthusiasts that we are ;)) are running quality 19 inch or bigger monitors that support 1600 x 1200 resolutions , in other words we see a glaring difference in quality between different video cards.

You might not run any game faster without AA and AF using the 9500/9600, but they will sure as heck look a lot better when its on. With the eye candy turned on the Ti4200 might as well be a GeForce 2 MX for all the chance it stands against the 9600/9500 cards....

Realize that we, as a group of computer users, have moved beyond FPS as the most important issue for video cards. Almost all of the mid and upper level cards are so fast you can no longer see a difference...now it is VISUAL Quality that has become as important as FPS...and in this battle ATi has a big lead.

If you want pure speed (FPS) and visual quality from the ATi camp your gonna have to spring for the 9700/9800's. With nVidia if you want both your gonna have to spring for a 5900/5800.

Ti4200's are fast...no question...but they stand no chance when you turn up the quality seetings.

Dave65 said:

I am getting another 4200,that is all I can get.

But I also just got my 9500 Pro and it don't seem any different than the 9600 was .Same score in 3D Mark 2003..
ive alread said it before - the score with no FSAA or AF will be very close. I gave you the link to my softmodded r9500 (which is very much faster than a 9500pro) vs the ti4200 - i scored just about 1000 points more than the ti4200 at stock. But, with 4xFSAA and 8XAF, that lead increased to >4000points - more than 100% faster.

9600pro rocks for me, finally get to play with 4x AA and 16x anisotropy and wow!

4300 3k marks 135002k :rolleyes:

did vmod got mine @ 540/338cas1 (351 cas2)

BF1942 1280x1024 2x AA 16x Aniso is like wow!

I was a total Nvidiot (tnt1,geforce2,geforce3,geforce4) but on my 19inch .22 hitachi the difference is incredible with eyecandy enabled. talk about long distance shots with these ati cards wow! im seeing way more than i ever saw with Nvidia, aniso on Nvidia sorta, AA forget it. cant speak for FX but these 9600pro are tight. No 80watt space heater ta boot!

My games have never run or looked better :cool:

thumbs up !

hehe funny, actually im an amdmb dood mostly (Crusader) and [H] more recently has been fun to visit and even kinda cool but i dunno seems almost like they have no pulse over there hehe.

SOmetimes i goto the xtreme to.

Decided on a cute lil celery cooler ripped outa the wifeys HP lol. its a cute lil 50x50x30 unit. got a nice solid feel to it. and i cut an old tsop up for ramsinks.

bumped vcore to 1.45 from 1.25 and the ram from 2.75 to 2.88, ram didnt really need the boost tho. Core loves juice. even so doesnt get to warm really.

the card really likes core Mhz's does not seem to be bandwidth starved at all.

16x anisotropy in everything rules! AA is fun to!

Yeah I figured you might have come from a different forum considering your sig.

Yeah those 9600pro have some real potential. I cant wait to see what ATI does with the .13 core on a 256 bus and 8 pipes. :drool:

there are some interesting looking resistors on the chip :D

i believe this chip a is was built with 256bit DDR2 in mind, dont think its an sleeper 8pipe chip tho hehe.

Be interesting to see how much they charge for the .13 8pipe 256 card. bet it will fly like u say. would that be the RV360?

Back