• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shoud I finish FarCry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I got to the hangglider. (where to go from there- which way) I know I'm just barely into it. I have to push myself to do games. I finished Doom3, and can't imagine not having done so. Farcry, well I'm just not a military type, you know. Any yays, nays on this?

The pc is hot

gamefan said:
I got to the hangglider. (where to go from there- which way) I know I'm just barely into it. I have to push myself to do games. I finished Doom3, and can't imagine not having done so. Farcry, well I'm just not a military type, you know. Any yays, nays on this?

The pc is hot
finish it!!! im still playing it lol have to finish it to

I just did a search of Farcry, and saw a pic of a "Tridgens". It looked like an alien. Is there more to it than a miltary operation?

Last edited:
ARGH!! today, yes today I downloaded the demo of farcry to see whats the hype about, but when the level loaded it suddenly freeze up and crashed
fox-cry.gif
now I haven't got the chance to play farcry once :S ARGGHH!!! (and I was lucky to find this thread 20sec. later after entering here ;]

gonna try again with less graphics...I don't think it will work but what the hell...

gamefan said:

The pc is hot

Dude, if you finished Doom 3 you can finish ANYTHING.

Yes, it does get much more sci-fi in later levels.

ok. cool I was able to play it but maybe the card make the water all fuzzy more like a disco:D. I'll put a video here to show u

Last edited:
Farcry is the only FPS I can remember finishing. It gets really sci-fi, plot twists, and really ****ing hard. I think I spent an entire saturday getting into the office or whatever where you kill--

I guess I shouldn't finish that sentence.

demo problems might be because you're running an older version, patched retail version might have a few bug fixes ;)

The end sucks, as soon as the trigens appear it all becomes poo, fighting dodgy hairy guys defending a secret island complex is great fun, but invisible mutant monkeys suck balls. You should play it about 2/3 through and then give up and play co-op.

Agreed with Fathom 100%! The story is absolute crap, and the Trigens are just dumb...
Btw, Trigens aren't aliens. They're the product of some moron writing a stupid story and somewhow selling it to Ubi.

Fathom1990 said:
The end sucks, as soon as the trigens appear it all becomes poo, fighting dodgy hairy guys defending a secret island complex is great fun, but invisible mutant monkeys suck balls. You should play it about 2/3 through and then give up and play co-op.

yea thats what I did, course I selected the hardest game mode and it just got stupid after awhile. Fighting monsters that take 10 shotgun rounds to the head to go down sucks. I was hoping for improved AI or more monsters, fewer ammo/health SOMETHING other than monsters with 1000% life.

I tried going through it again on normal difficulty and it was just too damn easy and got bored so I quit.

OC Noob said:
Dude, if you finished Doom 3 you can finish ANYTHING.
Haha, I completely agree. I've only played through the first 4-5 levels of Doom 3 and I got totally bored. Fighting in enclosed corridors gets really old after a while. I prefer more expansive, dynamic environments like those found in HL2 or Far Cry. I haven't finished Far Cry either though... I think I've just entered the complex level.

I have loved playing this game...it's taken awhile but I finally am at the end...and I'll say that this game is real fun and good up until the volcano...then it's just annoying...it's hard because they drop you into an area where your just simply out gunned by guys that have 1000% health like was said and they all have rocket launchers. I was very dissapointed in the end level design...other than that it's a great game...you can probably find it cheep and I'd say it's worth the money...the begining levels are the most fun stalking guys in the bushes with the sniper rifle.

Finish the game, then start over and finish it again a different way using new tactics, or alternate weapons. The non-linear gameplay is awsome. Trigen are mutants, not aliens but there is a definite sci-fi turn. Not a simple military shooter.

@Douken: You computer will not run the demo. Too new. The full game has patches to support newer hardware. Also, you might need the AMD dual core optimizer patch.

More info here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/452106891

When I got to the sci-fi part of Far Cry I was really disappointed, they could have at least of made the story line Bond-esque, you know, some mad man launching a laser satellite or something like that, not crazy jumping jack rabbit zombie things.

What would have been cool and different would have been to make the story about an arms dealer or something with the latest tech weaponry, something like the guns in the film Eraser, so when you get to that stage you have to adopt different tactics.

I need some advice....IM at the third part of the last stage....part after you kill Kreiger and walk outside and are ambushed by a ton of mutants who can't miss from a half mile away...and there's a big boy right to your right. I die within 20 secs...there's not cover....even trying to kill the bigboy if a rocket doesn't hit me...Im dead quick from the mutants with precision aiming....what do you do to beat this part?

Its funny, i have so many games that I have not finished. Either due to lack of time (family, work school, school) or just a new game comes out. I wonder, just wonder if theres a website that shows the end game movie or whatever for all games out there, for those of us to lazy to finish the game.

Back