• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia is profitable to mine on currently - scrypt-jane, cudaminer, and yacoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd love to see what my 560ti and 4gb 7850 can do mining yacoin but I can't get a wallet to work. :(

Ivanlabrie squeaked a measly 4 Kh out of a (280x?)

So your 7850 wouldn't be that great. But the 560 you have, might be a better hasher for yacoin, since Nvidias do better on it.

AFAIK, you can just use Craptys's Yaccoin deposit address for your payment address. Then trade your YAC for BTC :D

I've been messing about a bit without a wallet (wanted to try solo first) and tweaking my cards. Frankly the 560ti seems to be poop. Won't run settings that net it much over .4k.

The 7850 does much better in comparison. Using yacminer I can get 1.5khash out of it but I'm messing with some settings that get it closer to 2-3khash. I'm still getting a few HW errors right now but it's <25% so far. It's a real pain to get yacminer to eat up all of my ram (I've gotten to 3900mb use in gpu-z, it really doesn't want to use much more than that) which I -think- is the trick to getting higher intensity ratings, and thus more hash.

The configs for this are very knife edge. You get terrible hashes up to a point and then there is a teeny tiny line of good returns before you run out of ram and get HW error vomit all over you. I wonder if one could code a miner with finer intensity control?

I'd like to know how much power I'm using with this as well. My cards are running a LOT cooler mining this.

EDIT: it's also worth pointing out that yacminer will use ~3.5gb of system ram when it's running. cudaminer is using ~50mb.

Last edited:
I've been messing about a bit without a wallet (wanted to try solo first) and tweaking my cards. Frankly the 560ti seems to be poop. Won't run settings that net it much over .4k.

The 7850 does much better in comparison. Using yacminer I can get 1.5khash out of it but I'm messing with some settings that get it closer to 2-3khash. I'm still getting a few HW errors right now but it's <25% so far. It's a real pain to get yacminer to eat up all of my ram (I've gotten to 3900mb use in gpu-z, it really doesn't want to use much more than that) which I -think- is the trick to getting higher intensity ratings, and thus more hash.

The configs for this are very knife edge. You get terrible hashes up to a point and then there is a teeny tiny line of good returns before you run out of ram and get HW error vomit all over you. I wonder if one could code a miner with finer intensity control?

I'd also like to know how much power I'm using with this as well. My cards are running a LOT cooler mining this.

I tried yacminer, and I got 10 Kh out of my 270x, and a boat load of HW errors.
I gave up needless to say.

As for power draw, it's probably a lot less than mining some other coin like LTC.

Yeah you've gotta really kill the intensity to stop getting HW errors. Bring it down to 8 and work up. I don't think anyone can really run higher than 11 or so now andthat might even be pushing it.

If the 280x acts like my 7850 does, then you should start out with minimum intensity (8) and thread lookup set to 1 and TC at something low like 6000. Look in GPUz and see how much ram it's using. When you increase the TC the ram use should go up, but eventually it'll go down and the 'dynamic' use will go up. It should be accompanied by a drop in hash rates. Mess with that, see how high you can get the TC, and when you find out what uses all of your ram drop it down by 64 and see how high you can get the intensity before you get that HW error vomit.

I'd be interested to see what kind of hashrate it gets as well as the TC.

I learned a lot about yacoin settings, yacminer and cudaminer lately...

Check this out: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

R7 240 4GB anyone? :D

0.0027btc/day per 1kh/s

Lacks nvidia results, I get 5.33kh/s out of my GTX 780 but it eats 262w.
R9 290s I could get them to do 4.2kh/s and eat similar power from the wall...

I'm pretty sure the 560 can do way better than that, you need to play with the different cudaminer kernels, then increase -L to 5 or 6 and work on finding the optimal warps and whatnot.

Read this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RWIyOXp3bzg2TWdveWNudWxaVkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

As for yacminer, use the latest version by thirtybird, includes kalroth's mods to cgminer, the trick is high TC, defined buffer_size and high raw intensity without hw.
Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247782.msg4864935#msg4864935

From the jane testing i did in UTC it went like this - 260 core 216 @ 16kh/s ---- 480 gtx @ 125 kh/s average some spikes too 145kh/s - but even my much newer 770 m "mobile" gpu in my msi gt70 laptop does/did 180kh/s.

The problem is when the difficulty went up the 480 started doing 100kh/s sometimes lower - and even the 770m dropped down to about 145ish kh/s .

while my ATI cards didnt really loose any speed tbh from the difficulty changes and both my 290 was at 720-740kh/s --and 7970 @ 620-630kh/s.

I'd love to see what my 560ti and 4gb 7850 can do mining yacoin but I can't get a wallet to work. :(

Ask for help at yacointalk.

From the jane testing i did in UTC it went like this - 260 core 216 @ 16kh/s ---- 480 gtx @ 125 kh/s average some spikes too 145kh/s - but even my much newer 770 m "mobile" gpu in my msi gt70 laptop does/did 180kh/s.

The problem is when the difficulty went up the 480 started doing 100kh/s sometimes lower - and even the 770m dropped down to about 145ish kh/s .

while my ATI cards didnt really loose any speed tbh from the difficulty changes and both my 290 was at 720-740kh/s --and 7970 @ 620-630kh/s.

Can you post your UTC settings?
I haven't tested UTC on AMD, my 780 does 420kh/s right now...1112mv 1150mhz core and stock mem.

Getting somewhere between 3.8-4.2 on the 7850 now. I was messing with the TC and then at one point it started accolating half of the ram it should have... donno what that's about. Right now I'm just running -g 2 TC 29600 rI 896. I suspect I can run 1024 rI if I backed down on the TC just a smidge. Will try that later. Seems like the system just lags so much that it won't try to shove everything into dedicated ram. Really wish I could force it to get those last ~190mb or so.

Will mess with the 560 this afternoon as well. Looking forward to getting some big numbers. :cool:

Also, what pool are you guys using? I'm using yac.coinmine.pl but none of my coins have been confirmed yet. Not sure if this coin is just super slow to confirm or if something is up with the pool.

7850 is stable around 3.6k now.

You know, I think the 560 might only put out half a hash. It has no ram, and it's an old chip. I've got a feeling that fermi just doesn't hash well compared to kepler+.

Got some low end 4gb cards and risers coming in. Look forward to seeing some tests and probably some cheap cards/risers in the classies. :thup:

What exchange are you guys using? I don't think cryptsy is trading YAC anymore, and BTer seems underpriced.

I learned a lot about yacoin settings, yacminer and cudaminer lately...

Check this out: http://yacoinwiki.tk/index.php/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

R7 240 4GB anyone? :D

0.0027btc/day per 1kh/s

Lacks nvidia results, I get 5.33kh/s out of my GTX 780 but it eats 262w.
R9 290s I could get them to do 4.2kh/s and eat similar power from the wall...

I'm pretty sure the 560 can do way better than that, you need to play with the different cudaminer kernels, then increase -L to 5 or 6 and work on finding the optimal warps and whatnot.

Read this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RWIyOXp3bzg2TWdveWNudWxaVkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

As for yacminer, use the latest version by thirtybird, includes kalroth's mods to cgminer, the trick is high TC, defined buffer_size and high raw intensity without hw.
Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247782.msg4864935#msg4864935

R7 240 after oc was ~110 kh/s , R7 250 was ~130 kh/s , auto settings.
Both cards are on the same PCB and power design and you can find them in similar prices. I sold R7 240 but 250 is still around.

My GTX780 is making about 570-600 kh/s overclocked to 1150MHz on auto settings. For some reason new cuda miner is acting weird when I try any manual settings. Like yesterday I set it pretty good but turned off pc and today in the morning the same settings didn't work at all so I set auto and went to work.

Both cards are on the same PCB and power design and you can find them in similar prices. I sold R7 240 but 250 is still around.

My GTX780 is making about 570-600 kh/s overclocked to 1150MHz on auto settings. For some reason new cuda miner is acting weird when I try any manual settings. Like yesterday I set it pretty good but turned off pc and today in the morning the same settings didn't work at all so I set auto and went to work.

110 Kh?, 570-600 Kh?

I thought 10 Kh was high for Yacoin?

Or are those high hashrates for another coin?

Yacoin is what makes those little buggers shine, specially the 240 4gb cards...2.8kh/s at 25w, yessir :salute:

cudaminer , auto pool like hashcows ;)

Scrypt mining on nvidia is a bit pointless, too high tdp, but I can get 716khs out of the stable 2014-02-04 release at 1267mhz core:

-d GTX780 -m 1 -l Z12x24 -i 0 -H 2 -C 0

TDP on AMD is not much better when you look at kh/s per W after these latest cudaminer updates. My 7970 Lightning which had issues with mining while overclocked was making about the same kh/s and TDP is actually higher than GTX780.

thanks for the script, will check it later

Man, I really wish there was a benching program for this stuff. Like, one that can be used "competitively". Benching for average hash rates would be a blast.

I've got my 7850 up to 4khash 4.2khash average now, the 5s will hop up around 4.3-4.4 4.4-4.6 but the average can't quite hang up there. Think I'm gonna switch the 560 back to scrypt. It's not fun to tweak. :p

Last edited:
Back