• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some 265mhz+ ddr sticks for Intel rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCheat

I've got a P4C800-E Deluxe on the way..
I've got 2.4C here that I want to push to 3.2ghz (obviously mmmv, but its my goal)

I've got a Big Typhoon on the way.

Now i need some ram that'll do 267+ on the P4C800 that apparently is already got a vdroop mod.

Im kind of limited on the budget end. Maybe 140$ if I sell some other stuff....

Any ideas?

I have zero experience with intel boards/cpu's so if this is a newbie question... Im sorry :(

Edit: It'd be sweet if it was 1gig :) (4 256 sticks or 2 512's, doesnt matter)

I was lookin at the "what memory should you buy" thread... and alot of the links dont work (most of them to newegg)...

I was going to try the Mushkin Blue line ram which is UTT ram... but that requires a lot of voltage to achieve high speeds.... my board will only go up to 2.8volts...

hmmmmm

Some TCCD/TCC5 or Hynix based stuff would probably be best for 1:1. Contact OCZSean b/c IIRC I've only heard of OCZ still using some Hynix variant for sure.

If I ever get my stuff in order, I could tell you how Ballistix works.

I'd definitely go with 2x512 Hynix D50 based sticks for this platform. My first choice is OCZ EL Gold PC3700 Rev.3 (2.5-3-3-8) which has Brainpower 808 PCBs and D50-chips.

Winbond-memory shines on A64-rigs, but tight timings aren't essential for Intel-platforms.

Back