• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #66

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 66th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Hack30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
February 16,2006

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I've been able to learn a little bit of Linux here with all of you. And I am in the process of building/renovating my house by myself.So far I have only had to have the foundation done by someone else.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Long Island,New York out on the east end.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I heard about folding while surfing the forums for information for my first overclock and rig build and was intrigued. After a while of studying the forums learning about what and why people were folding I thought it was a noble and just cause. And in I jumped with both feet. Now i'm soaked. LOL Addicted

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I fold in hopes of never having to face the big "C" or any of the other "nasties" and if I do that hopefully there will be a remedy. Of course it very fun too, especially with all of you.

What do you do for a living?
I work for a large communications company. You may have heard of it, it begins with "V". I don't want to give them any free publicity. Also i am an electrician with my masters license and do side jobs with my brother who also has his masters license.

What do you do for fun?
Play with my comps,kids,take small trips,Xbox,PS2,drive my wife nuts. I try to enjoy myself in whatever I do.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Watch my kids grow.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
1)Right now it is my quad core rig in my sig. Asus P5WDH Deluxe motherboard,with Intel QX6700 2.66 Quad core o/c to 3Ghz , 4Gig of ddr2 OCZ mem. 2)Why is it your fave? Quad core SMP folding. 3)What all do you use the rig for? Learning all I can while having fun folding, about computers.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
P5LD2,PD920
P5DCV-MX,PD820
ToshibaLaptop1.6CellyM
P5LD2-VM,PD805

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I'm just a simple guy trying to have fun with life.:)

and Thank you for taking the time to Interview me.;)

Glad to meet you some more Hack :)

I used to like to do all my own work too on the house, etc ... very rewarding :thup:

It is great to be folding with you on T32 :)

:beer: :beer:

dz_jad,

Does the "V" end in "izon" or "com"?

paciFIST69,

lol
I'm guessing "izon"

LandShark,

may be we can start a poll of it?

p.s. my $ is on the "izon" too!

AlabamaCajun,

"I see you have your network with you, does it work down by the Docks?"

Yes. Its the "izon".

pscout

I used to like to do all my own work too on the house, etc ... very rewarding

Doing work on the house is very satisfying.

psyshack

Thanks for the folding power..........

Just bringin' what I got.

cuda340,ihrestrdr,LandShark,pscout,AlabamaCajun,psyshack,dz_jad,paciFIST69

It's great to be on a team with all of you. :beer:

nice to finally meet the man behind those tail lights I caught a glimpse of , oh and my lawyer will be in contact about the whiplash suit against you very soon :) :beer:

Nice to meet you hack! If you ever make it to Manhattan let me know. I know a great place with some really hoppy pale ale and over 60 brands of single malt (I like the Talisker) and I'll buy the beer in person :beer:

Back