• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Cooler Master and Corsair to Release New PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Cooler Master and Corsair to Release New PSUs
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

It seems gold is the durable good everyone is trying to get their hands on, at least when it comes to 80 Plus Gold certification!

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Modular?

It's probably just me, but why do they make the ATX or motherboard connector modular?

I suppose I could see it if you offered various lengths or different end connectors for other type of systems, but most of what I have seen just do it because they can.

Agreed, there's no reason for the 24-pin & 8-pin CPU harnesses to be modular. Everything else has a decent reason. You could argue one MOLEX or SATA cable could be hard-wired, but some might just need one or the other...and if it's not the one that's hard-wired, there's an extra cable you have to hide. But you're right about the other two.

Count me as another that believes the 24 pin and CPU power plugs being modular is a waste. I guess being able to market a fully modular PSU must have some advantages though or they wouldn't bother with it.

Back