• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering my korean wqhd x star monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No way I would pay 750... 400$ MAX..279 is a deal lol.. it Def makes games look much more sharp.

I just played a basketball game and was amazed how close I was sitting and sharp it was.

Old games suddenly look new :D

If anyone is having doubts about ordering one of these korean panels I suggest you do so immediately! They are a great buy at such a low price point. I can't be certain you will get a "perfect" display but I assume you ebay and PayPal will easily refund your money if you have any issues. I would reccomend ordering from dream-seller on ebay. He was quick to respond to messages and notified me about a shortage of quality panels. Mine came with one stuck red pixel and no black light bleed. Can't ask for much more for a 2560x1440 display for under 300$

Buy one!

P.s. I used to HATE aliasing in game, those jagged edges would drive me nuts even with AA turned on. Going from a 47 inch led tv to This monitor has alleviated that issue!

That looks awesome.Gotta say I'm a little envious $279 and 96hz vs 60hz and $349

Which monitor did you get giga?

I'm STOKED About this monitor...so many things I'm realizing. Photoshop on this thing is a work of art! Gta 4 looks photogenic! aliasing was terrible on gta, normally I would see a ton of jagged edges on cars, telephone poles basically everything! Now stuff is just smooth!

Black flag I'm able to run with 2x msaa vs 4-8x msaa I used with 1080p. 1440p and 2xmsaa looks far superior.

Which monitor did you get giga?

I'm STOKED About this monitor...so many things I'm realizing. Photoshop on this thing is a work of art! Gta 4 looks photogenic! aliasing was terrible on gta, normally I would see a ton of jagged edges on cars, telephone poles basically everything! Now stuff is just smooth!

Black flag I'm able to run with 2x msaa vs 4-8x msaa I used with 1080p. 1440p and 2xmsaa looks far superior.

Crap, I think I'm going to buy one tonight! I can't really afford to right now but I NEED a new monitor! I'm currently using a 32" LG tv @ 1920X1080 60 Hertz and I play BF4 and Titanfall and it needs to look A LOT better!

Crap, I think I'm going to buy one tonight! I can't really afford to right now but I NEED a new monitor! I'm currently using a 32" LG tv @ 1920X1080 60 Hertz and I play BF4 and Titanfall and it needs to look A LOT better!

It will indeed look alot better. I was using a 47 inch lg tv lol and the difference is astounding I'm now gonna sell that tv. No use for it.

That's the one I ordered. ..from what I can gather is there is a slight shortage of these panels which made the price go up slightly. I paid 279, two days later they were 319 and now 329... still a good deal imho

That's the one I ordered. ..from what I can gather is there is a slight shortage of these panels which made the price go up slightly. I paid 279, two days later they were 319 and now 329... still a good deal imho

Thanks Anthony, I appreciate the quick reply! I'm really considering this, the price is really reasonable even if it has a couple flaws......

Thanks Anthony, I appreciate the quick reply! I'm really considering this, the price is really reasonable even if it has a couple flaws......

I know the feeling you have now that you ordered it. You may feel a bit uneasy because your buying a "flawed" product from korea. I kept in close contact with the seller and he was helpful. He knows what we expect. Most people have been getting Nearly perfect screens..60% off because of 1 dead pixel out of almost 4 million...I'll accept that.

Be happy with your purchase, if anything happens ebay and or PayPal will refund your money.
I ordered mine Sunday and it did not ship until Friday. Seller emailed me about a shortage in "quality" displays.

Monitor shipped friday as promised and it was here in ohio in 4 business days..Wednesday.

Let me know how it goes feel free to post results in here.

WOnder if newegg will refund me for my HP ZR2740w

They might. . I believe they have a pretty easy return policy. I've seen that hp around..seems to have a slow response time of 12ms.. which is why I didn't order it...

Newegg Has the qnix on there website as well... more expensive than ebay but might have a better/easier return policy.

They might. . I believe they have a pretty easy return policy. I've seen that hp around..seems to have a slow response time of 12ms.. which is why I didn't order it...

Newegg Has the qnix on there website as well... more expensive than ebay but might have a better/easier return policy.
Yeah i saw that .I may see if i can return it

I know the feeling you have now that you ordered it. You may feel a bit uneasy because your buying a "flawed" product from korea. I kept in close contact with the seller and he was helpful. He knows what we expect. Most people have been getting Nearly perfect screens..60% off because of 1 dead pixel out of almost 4 million...I'll accept that.

Be happy with your purchase, if anything happens ebay and or PayPal will refund your money.
I ordered mine Sunday and it did not ship until Friday. Seller emailed me about a shortage in "quality" displays.

Monitor shipped friday as promised and it was here in ohio in 4 business days..Wednesday.

Let me know how it goes feel free to post results in here.

Unfortunately I feel a third deja vu here, my account still hasn't been charged for the monitor. Same thing happened the last two times, it was 9 days before the money came out and then another two weeks before I had any contact with the seller. Then two more weeks before I got my money back. :facepalm:

Unfortunately I feel a third deja vu here, my account still hasn't been charged for the monitor. Same thing happened the last two times, it was 9 days before the money came out and then another two weeks before I had any contact with the seller. Then two more weeks before I got my money back. :facepalm:

Money was taken out next day for me.. I was just patient and it seemed to work out in my favor. Although it did give me some anxiety lol

Are you going to buy one of these korean wqhd x star monitors?

Im not sure im happy with my HP just would be nice to be able to OC it .But i dont game much on my PC anymore anyway.Im debating on going back to single video card also since like i said i dont game much anymore except for steam games

Back