• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Looking for a 400$ gaming monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I sit 1-2 feet from my 27 inch 1440p. Look on ebay for qnix and xstar you'll find the monitors. There is a club on another website with over 1 million views and almost 2000 pages of people discussing which seller to go with and talking about issues if any with certain ones. 1440p at 27 inches has a pixel density of 109 per inch. 1080 at 23 inches is 95 pixels per inch. So the 1440p monitor will probably look better even sitting close. They are Def worth taking a look at... I mean you can buy an apple ips a- panel for 300$.. Apple sells there 1440p monitors at 1000$. 1 dead pixel saved me a ton of money and I'm totally satisfied. Not to mention the color of a pls panel looks so much better than a TN panel. Imo.

Hmm I never heard of Qnix and Xstar before , but most importantly there aren't any Distributor / Resellers here.

The ones we have , least from my knowledge are only

Dell
HP
Samsung
LG
AOC
Envision
ViewSonic
Philips
Acer
Asus
BenQ

But once again I find 27" is too wide for me , I've seen real life comparison before at a shop , I do't find it comfortable viewing a 27" yeah I do understand it will look better indeed due to it's higher resolution.

But if there are 23" - 24" ones that is able to produce 1440p I definitely will get it.

Regarding about the 23 - 24" monitor having 1440p , I found one , not entirely 1440p but I think close to 4K resolution , damn the price tag.....

It's 1000$ lol just like the Apple one u mentioned.
But for a 1440p monitor they are sure Rare here , I couldn't really find them
But also usually with a hefty price tag...even those " gaming " ones 140hz 2ms they are still only 1080p @ 27"

Sucks living here, there are tons of stuffs we don't import. But neither there are many buyers. So I guess they don't bother. I've ask shop keepers before. The market it's just too small here

You get use to having 27" of pure goodness. Its simple, you cannot get a better deal right now on a monitor with the specs the Koreans offer, PERIOD.

I always say...get the biggest you can afford.I have a Hanns.G 28',not sure what the spec are but I love it. Its about five yrs old. You get use to the size real fast and think how you ever used a smaller one.

Regarding about the 23 - 24" monitor having 1440p , I found one , not entirely 1440p but I think close to 4K resolution , damn the price tag.....

It's 1000$ lol just like the Apple one u mentioned.
But for a 1440p monitor they are sure Rare here , I couldn't really find them
But also usually with a hefty price tag...even those " gaming " ones 140hz 2ms they are still only 1080p @ 27"

Sucks living here, there are tons of stuffs we don't import. But neither there are many buyers. So I guess they don't bother. I've ask shop keepers before. The market it's just too small here

Can you not order from the internet?

anthony so u mean for people like me i should get a used IPS

yes?

I wouldn't reccomend a used monitor. I would reccomend a korean 1440p monitor. Either qnix or xstar. If you're only using it for your computer that is... they will only work with dvi.

Even though the brand is qnix and xstar the actual screen is a 1440p samsung PLS screen(very bright amazing color) 2560x1440p requires a decent amount of gpu power. Make sure you have enough.

You get use to having 27" of pure goodness. Its simple, you cannot get a better deal right now on a monitor with the specs the Koreans offer, PERIOD.

Spot on right here, if you want best quality monitor under 400$ this is your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did, we have decided to not accept that, until you order a Korean. :grouphug:

LOL well if you could buy me one , then that will guarantee me to be using one lol :D
Besides, even DELL it's an USA Company , their Monitors are Korean...their high end ones are made by LG i heard while lower ones by Samsung.
I didn't really do any research , but these two are the biggest companies which made most of the LED screens for other manufacturers.

LOL well if you could buy me one , then that will guarantee me to be using one lol :D
Besides, even DELL it's an USA Company , their Monitors are Korean...their high end ones are made by LG i heard while lower ones by Samsung.
I didn't really do any research , but these two are the biggest companies which made most of the LED screens for other manufacturers.

Yeah LG and samsung seem.to make majority of the panels...Both are korea based companies.

I had the Asus PB278Q, right before the Qnix QX2710. Guess what, the Qnix is better. My Asus even developed dead pixels after about 3 weeks. I am a huge fan of Asus products, but when it comes to these Korean monitors, they cannot be beat, as long as you get a good panel. Every monitor has a chance of coming with dead or stuck pixels, no matter the price. These Korean EASILY fit in your budget, that's why I am so adamant about them.

I had the Asus PB278Q, right before the Qnix QX2710. Guess what, the Qnix is better. My Asus even developed dead pixels after about 3 weeks. I am a huge fan of Asus products, but when it comes to these Korean monitors, they cannot be beat, as long as you get a good panel. Every monitor has a chance of coming with dead or stuck pixels, no matter the price. These Korean EASILY fit in your budget, that's why I am so adamant about them.

The Asus pb278q color profile on my xstar looks amazing, whites look pure white and darks are quite dark, playing skyrim with realistic lighting overhaul has never looked so good. Caves and dungeons actually look black.

Again, OP. If you have enough gpu house power. Buy a qnix or xstar.. they are lg ips and samsung pls screens in cheap plastic cases. An equivalent cost around 600-700$.. The apple displays go upwards of 1000$. You can have the EXACT screen from those models for 300$. If not please enjoy your new monitor and be sure to let us know whatcha pick up! :D

:shock: Im already having second thoughts of getting 27" but your introducing me a 34" and I bet this Monitor is least 1000$ above lol...it's with Thunderbolt Connectivity too :eek:

Definitely won't be a Monitor Im getting by anytime for now lol no way I can afford it :cry:

:bday: Same here My Friend It is an amazing Monitor I would Love to Have one

:thup::thup:

But guys , I really appreciate the suggestion and all , but really ordering it via Online for the Xstar and Qnix , it be a hassle , what if it breaks down or MAYBE it has a dead pixel and all , shipping it back all the way to Korea or maybe even US will cost me a fortune and will take a long time.

So Im really sorry that Im not going for those two brands, unless I have Reseller or Distributor here that will assure me guarantee hassle free and warranty exchange purpose.

But consideration of 27 " and a 23 " - 24 " Im still thinking.
Since as 27 " I will definitely need to go for 1440p , even having a 280X Toxic I think it's still lack of power during demanding games and Im super sensitive to FPS. Believe or not , I can tell the difference instant if from a smooth constant 60 FPS drops low as 30 - 40 FPS , I will definitely feel the sudden lag and the difference.

Like how THIEF , in sudden areas I run least 30 FPS ( Never below 30 Im sure of it ) I can feel sluggish and lag compared to smooth 80 - 100 FPS in certain areas.

But if I were to go for a 1080p 27" that will just destroy the purpose I haven't really seen a 1080p 27" IRL , I gonna go to shop and check it out if I have the time. But I think it will look bad if your sitting real close , since the pixel amount its same yet the monitor been enlarge by so much. Just like how TV(s) are I guess.

But guys , I really appreciate the suggestion and all , but really ordering it via Online for the Xstar and Qnix , it be a hassle , what if it breaks down or MAYBE it has a dead pixel and all , shipping it back all the way to Korea or maybe even US will cost me a fortune and will take a long time.

So Im really sorry that Im not going for those two brands, unless I have Reseller or Distributor here that will assure me guarantee hassle free and warranty exchange purpose.

But consideration of 27 " and a 23 " - 24 " Im still thinking.
Since as 27 " I will definitely need to go for 1440p , even having a 280X Toxic I think it's still lack of power during demanding games and Im super sensitive to FPS. Believe or not , I can tell the difference instant if from a smooth constant 60 FPS drops low as 30 - 40 FPS , I will definitely feel the sudden lag and the difference.

Like how THIEF , in sudden areas I run least 30 FPS ( Never below 30 Im sure of it ) I can feel sluggish and lag compared to smooth 80 - 100 FPS in certain areas.

But if I were to go for a 1080p 27" that will just destroy the purpose I haven't really seen a 1080p 27" IRL , I gonna go to shop and check it out if I have the time. But I think it will look bad if your sitting real close , since the pixel amount its same yet the monitor been enlarge by so much. Just like how TV(s) are I guess.

There are ebay sellers that for a higher price, closer to $400, you get a guaranteed zero dead or stuck pixel. There are also sellers that if the thing falls under their policy for a bad monitor, give you their FedEx account etc, to pay for shipping returns. Also, a dead pixel on a 27" at 2560 resolution, is very hard to see since they are so small. These things are selling like hot cakes for a reason, they are the best value for what you get, hands down.

There are ebay sellers that for a higher price, closer to $400, you get a guaranteed zero dead or stuck pixel. There are also sellers that if the thing falls under their policy for a bad monitor, give you their FedEx account etc, to pay for shipping returns. Also, a dead pixel on a 27" at 2560 resolution, is very hard to see since they are so small. These things are selling like hot cakes for a reason, they are the best value for what you get, hands down.

This ^

You COULD stick to 1920x1080, in which I would recommend an ASUS VG248QE or BenQ XL2411T for under $300, as Dell panels won't touch these these as far as gaming goes. IPS, just stay away from since we currently have PLS.

As for 1440p, another vote for the Qnix. The biggest thing with purchasing from these ebay sellers for these korean panels, is that you ARE taking a slight risk, YES, but.... The public reception has grown and grown, and it's been quite good.

As for your question on 27" 1080p, I wouldn't bother, too large of a screen for 1920x1080. 24" is the "sweet spot" for 1920x1080 panels. And an VG248QE or XL2411T will both offer you 24" of 1920x1080 144Hz glory.

Last edited:

Please don't get anything bigger than 24 inches for 1080p if you want to retain quality.

Back