• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this for stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems great, except for the 9. Usually the best overclockers a Y, then 4,5,6... all the ay to 9, being the worst. Who knows though, you might have a really good chip. :)

Fever said:
Seems great, except for the 9. Usually the best overclockers a Y, then 4,5,6... all the ay to 9, being the worst. Who knows though, you might have a really good chip. :)

even though 9's arent as good as Y's, they're so close that it doesn't seem to matter much. at least that what i've gathered from reading around.

Hmm my sys craps out at 157 Fsb but makes it to 156 no problem. :confused:

Is the chip the problem?

Got 2700 ram.

And the rest is in the sig.

Could be the RAM if you're not running it at a 1:1 ratio.. Try upping your CPU voltage, RAM voltage, and set your RAM to the most relaxed timings.

i think it has something to do with having an odd amount of ram, i had problems with my old computer when i had that much in it..but its just a thought

Please, don't crap on my thread

I tried it with each of the sticks out and it does no different :(

I managed to hit 166 because this is when the 1/5 kicks in, It booted and I got a screen shot and saved it before it crashed.

so I think one of my cards could be the problem, All I have is sound NIC and the video card.

Also when I had it at 166 I kept on getting errors about programs getting messed up.

The ram is at 2.8 MAX
the AGP is at 1.8 MAX
the CPU is at 1.85 MAX

I think a volt mod is in order :eh?:.

Or is it ram? :confused:

Time for bed I'll try tommrow :eek:

P.S. Please, don't crap on my thread :mad:

Kinda sounds like bad ram...

I mean if you can't even reach 166 without issue. DDR2700 is supposed to be running at 166. Is FSB/RAM speed set at 1:1 ?

I did Try one stick did the same as both sticks.

As I said it will go to 166 but it is very unstable and crashes :(

How do you set it to 1:1 ?

Back