• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far the game runs fine on my hardware @ Ultra settings. I do notice quite a bit of lag here and there, even though my pings are in the 30 ms range. Sometimes on large 64 person maps, the lag will get unbearable, but sometimes it plays well. The dealbreaker is the crashes. I can usually go 2-3 hours without crashing, but it inevitably happens and it's very annoying. There are some other minor issues, but most are being addressed.

Overall, I like the game. Having been away from multiplayer gaming since BF2, I've lost my edge, but it's coming back. I die a lot, but I can't blame glitches or bugs. I blame myself. It's a twitch reflex game, and if you're not on point, you will die. A lot.

I simply hope that DICE/EA continue to support the game as it has incredible potential. Trying to pop out a new game every year or so is a waste of time and never allows for actually fixing the game. Evolve the game through expansions and support it. Maybe less lawsuits that way? CoD ain't got nothin' on BF4...boring game imo.

Probably one of the most insane BF4 kills recorded yet..

If you check out his other videos, he has some other crazy ones!

Anyone else getting shimmering/flicking/missing textures with the new update?

SLI 670s w/ 331.82s

sample thread from battlelog

Oh yeah. I tried playing without the patch after reading this and unfortunately couldn't. I feel a bit lagier/stutter etc on ultra now @ 1080p.

If you think about it, DICE makes things worse when they can't even finalize the basics because than you have Nvidia running in circles trying to finalize drivers every dam time they change something. This is a nightmare. PFFFT!

Using the new drivers and I have not seen that issue so far. Still a good playing experience on my end. :)

Probably one of the most insane BF4 kills recorded yet..

If you check out his other videos, he has some other crazy ones!

I like how they both ejected and the American pilot blew up is plane and landed in the lower flying jet.

Maybe I need some caffeine... That video you quoted was a Chinese jet attacking a helicopter. He jumped out, C4'd the helo, and jumped back in his own plane. Nobody got out of the helo, they both died.

Yeah as far as I see, the guy in the chinese jet ejected, c4'd the heli, and got back in his jet...

MOAR updates and fixes...

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details).
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.

-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770534426141/

i dont own the game yet.... but why have a mandatory driver for all nvidia card owners? if they are using a driver now that works fine....

Back