• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kit has been ordered!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MsNath

Well in one of my most impulsive acts yet I finaly decided to bite the bullet and order the my water cooling kit. This is what I finaly settled on.

$240USD<Includes shipping> Geez this is going to hurt the pocket book.

MCW462-BT Water Jacket forAMD Socket A - Ready for installation with your own TEC, including block, 3/8" swivel elbow fittings, mounting hardware (springs, standoffs, washers, etc..), TEC cold plate, hardware and gaskets. TEC NOT INCLUDED

Radiator 676 assy., Eheim 1048 Water Pump assy., Fill&bleed kit assy., plus (2) 3/8" poly-acetal instant union elbows and (5) feet parker 3/8" poly tubing

Though its missing some stuff, it had most of what I was looking for.

As far as I can tell its short the TECH and the RED LINE WaterWetter.

I will pick up the video card and chip set water blocks another day...

Minimum 156wat.

But I am looking for bigger though. I read an OCing article that used my CPU 1.33Ghz and MB, KT7A-RAID. In which they descibed the 156 as barely enough and mabey even underpowered.

If you know where I can find larger wat pelts I would really be interested...

I settled on the one from SwiftTech they use MCW462-BT. You can see it here.
[img="[URL]http://plaza.powersurfr.com/MsNath/home/MCW462-4.gif[/URL]"]

I made several compromises buying this kit. It wasn’t my first choice. However it was the most complete and being a first time water project I wanted as much of the kit to come from one place as possible. As I gain more experience I will feel more comfortable ordering parts from other places.

Danger Den had my first vote but lost due to a couple of short falls one being not having a pump for their kits or pelts. However, next time I may order a kit from them instead for comparisons sake.

o ok .. so you purchased the swifttech kit ..
i love that waterblock ..

i was leaning towards getting the Aquastealth 2 kit with the new aquacoil rad since it is complete and people say they have seen good results .. this is also my first watercooling experience and im not gutsy enough to venture into the world of Tec's just yet

L0HpT (Apr 21, 2001 01:22 a.m.):
o ok .. so you purchased the swifttech kit ..
i love that waterblock ..

i was leaning towards getting the Aquastealth 2 kit with the new aquacoil rad since it is complete and people say they have seen good results .. this is also my first watercooling experience and im not gutsy enough to venture into the world of Tec's just yet
I got that kit but it didnt have the coil rad but it was my first experience in watercooling as well. I had great results with it. Definately worth the money. I am, of course, upgrading certain parts now that I have a better handle on watercooling but it is a great kit for beginners.

Back