• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Errr! no choice but P4T533, or -C! .. read more..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacino

The devil’s advocate
Well, could not wait anymore, needed a C1 chip, no smell of any P4's @ my house and I could not wait anymore, so I bought 2.8 today, she's into my BD7II PC3000 Corsair Cas 2 doing 3.29Ghz with just 1.6v on air & 3:4 CPU/Mem ratio, pretty neat! but but but, I'm greedy! hehe. I'm about to go RDRAM, PC1066's in hand, but got no choice on Mobos!!! P4T533 is crap from tons of reviews and P4T533-C seems to be the only option for me but I think I'll be stuck @ 150~156FSB! so I'm not going to go anywhere.. with my current setup, I did boot into windows @ 3.4Ghz (160FSB) 1:1 ratio, but blue screens after an hour or 2. I think I need more juice, so I need some inputs here:
1. Stick to my setup, or pro'lly get 3200 DDr's, and wire wrap her.
2. Go P4T533 or -C and stick @ 150fsb.

hrm, ok I think I'll wait, I'll just try to play around with this setup and see if I can get any higher, I'll try wire wrap her tomorrow or somethin' .. :)

Fairly happy with my P4T but would suggest waiting for the Epox board too , especially if the 8k3a is anything to go by....really depends on the quality of RIMM4200 modules fitted though. AS it stands there are more high performance DDR chips out there than 32-bit RDRAM chips.....
I hate the UK, cant find a C1 stepping anywhere - if I did find one I would go the 2.5 route though, far cheaper and potentially same max clock speed.

I just changed my mind, I don't think I can wait, starring @ this baby for an hour now and decided to go grap PC4200 RD's & P4T533 .. worst case senario, I'll run it @ 3.2Ghz for everyday usage.

Back