• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fush Zero - Comments / Questions go here (Modem Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JoT said:
why cool only the GPU and NB with h2o?

Ok ok. You twisted my arm. Im customizing a Prometeia Mach I. That takes care of the CPU. Ill be tearing it apart (more like meticulously moving around), making a custom case out of Lian Li aluminum (not the store bought one, no no) and Acrylic. Should be unique. Im excited. Also I'm trying to get in contact with 64Thunderbolt about some water cutting. I'd like to get custom windows cut into both sides of the Lian Li. I'll also be opening it up as much as possible, I want to tie the acrylic case and the Lian Li together as much as I can.

No more secrets!

Also, whats your opinions of the Blue/Orange and Silver color scheme? I'll also be throwing in a little neon green. Like dye the water and couple cables.

I also need some ideas to customize the Lian Li some more. Maybe some Carbon Fiber. I dunno.

Now, no more secrets!

Still lookin good! Keep up the work and posting. I want to see this when its completed all all/most of the steps you took.

With those HD racks removed where are you going you mounting the HDS? In the 5 1/4 spots?

SniperXX said:
With those HD racks removed where are you going you mounting the HDS? In the 5 1/4 spots?

You've probably already seen this, but I have a hefty file server already.

Lexan Cube

So like my old main computer, this is a workstation. Power Rig. Mucho mhz. I think I may get a Raptor drive, maybe 2 for raid 0. That leaves enough space in the 5 1/4's for cdr and maybe a dvdr one day.

RANDOM: I can't work like this!

I don't have much time to do any mods tonight. Though my hobby room def needs some cleaning. Bad.

33.jpg
34.jpg

Holy God.

35.jpg

Much Much better.

No, thats not it. I finally plugged in the PSU and powered up the light strips. I just want to share the joy. They look sweet.

36.jpg
37.jpg

Is it Tron-ish? Or is it Tron-ish?

OK, next post will be a real post, I swear.

Last edited:
I prod again if your doing this at your maryland house , and if so where do you live... im interested just because i keep noticing that ORANGE GLASS! sitting there from a costco ... lol, anywho lookin good there , i like the orange.. dont see much orange around in cases "at least i dont".. im also curious where you live cuz i always like to know where a good computer store is .. hehe

No good ones around here. I live in Severna Park, Annapolis area. The glass, I have no idea where its from, my buddy gave it to me. It's huge.

BTW, Vapo or Prommie. I'm torn in the worst way. Big, Bulky, Loud and kick arse performance, or skimp a bit on performance and give me a little more room for customization?

I just realized the prommie would kick at overclocks, but its huge. I dont know how much the vapo falls behind though....

Im so torn... help me. I need to make a descision in a day or two.

Ah , ok lol :p and the glass came from costco wholesale if ur wondering lol dont put it near the heating element in ur dish washer hehe itll get little cracks in it, I have no life sheesh :D im talking about a glass , hmm id go with slightly less performance and customization.. but thats just me

Im starting to lean that way. The case for a vapo could be pretty small. They can be placed below the case too right? I gotta do some more research. Maybe get a full PE and rip it out of the case and slap it in my own...

I dunno. Need time to meditate... Any input on this dilema is welcome.

MY FLEETING BANK ACCOUNT: Part II - The Plumbing.

I'm tired, I feel lazy. No mods tonight. Though I'll slap up some pictures and fill you in on some descisions that need to be made.

Soo, the H2O cooling.

38.jpg

Mmmm new, so purdy.

Youve seen it before, Danger den Z-chip and Geforce Blocks. Solid performers, and they look sweet. They all have 1/2" fittings. Besides the blocks I'll be using a black ice extreme radiator, Eheim 1048 pump, 3603 1/2" ID Tygon and a new danger den acrylic resevior. Should look snazzy, and be a good performing setup.

Though there was just one problem... The Geforce block didnt quite fit my MSI Geforce 4ti4200 (I know, old card, I don't play games much. I'll upgrade it eventually. Unless someone wants to offer me a 9700 or 9800 for less than $200 :) ).

39.jpg

Shiny Tweakmonster sinks, freshly lapped, oh soo pretty and begging for a volt mod.

The holes in the perspex top are off by about 1/4", and the ramsinks prevent me from just misaligning it a little. I cried a bit, then I thought about redrilling new holes (though it would look nasty). Then, it came to me.

40.jpg

Slapped the mounting screws into a drill press. Hit it with a hammer alot. Viola!

41.jpg

Like a glove, kinda. Though it works, thats all that matters.

The center of the block is off center by about 1/8", but I doubt I will see any rediculous degridations in performance.

So. I'm bugging out. Though I hope to have narrowed down what Phase change system I'll be using. I talked myself into liking the vapochill more for this project, though I may or may not be able to use it, as Id like it underneath the case, and im not budging on that. I also want to balance price, performance, compactness and noise. That seems to put the vapo on the top of my list. As long as mounting it underneath is no problem.

Besides that snag, Im drawing out designs to be cut into parts and windows to tie both cases together. Hopefully I can get 64Thunderbolt to do the cutting for me. Id love to keep it in the forums. When I decide on the final drawings, Ill post some pics.

Last edited:
Fushyuguru said:

You've probably already seen this, but I have a hefty file server already.

Lexan Cube

So like my old main computer, this is a workstation. Power Rig. Mucho mhz. I think I may get a Raptor drive, maybe 2 for raid 0. That leaves enough space in the 5 1/4's for cdr and maybe a dvdr one day.

Oh yeah I have. I love it, you inspired me to make my own custom Lexan case, but mine will be small as possible since its for my lan rig.

Good work. Keep it up and best of luck on the choice! :)

Last edited:
thorilan said:
hey what company did you get the PSU from? i ordered a similar one but it cost me a lot of money ?

keep the pics coming :)

I got mine from www.performance-pcs.com . It probably is similar, theres a couple companies out there customizing PSU's for a fee. I wouldnt say it was cheap though. Not sure how much I spent exactly, it was over $150. I think it was well worth it though, as it would have taken me a long time to do. Might not have turned out as professional either.

That's quite a nice job there with the screws and such. Keep up the good work. The final product is going to be awsome.

WOW, this just looks awsome, i wish i had your craftmanship, time, materials, etc... added bonus, automatic subscription to thread:D

by the way did i mention that i like it?:D

ah thts the same company i ordered most of my equipment from including the antec truepower 550 ultima psu =)

Henry Baron is the Customer service guru there and has worked with me a lot in making sure everything is perfect ( i only know this cause i have about 50 emails of back and forth questions that any sane person would not have asked )

Back