• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fush Zero - Comments / Questions go here (Modem Beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks really-awsome-super-nice. I have heard that hole saws can be a bit tough to master, but the 80mm should go easier now that you have the hang of it. I always thought those 120mm fan grills looked funny...

Mico said:
That looks really-awsome-super-nice. I have heard that hole saws can be a bit tough to master, but the 80mm should go easier now that you have the hang of it. I always thought those 120mm fan grills looked funny...

Yeah I wont be using it though. Ill be getting some from 64Thunderbollt. Im trying to stay as custom as possible.

blackhabit said:
i love this idea of this journal we should all do it. it is like we are all doing the project with you. lol keep up the good work so far

I wanted to do either this or write an article and see if they would publish it. Though I couldnt have as many sweet photos and feedback if I did that.

IDEAS: Part I - Fix my mistakes.

I probably should have said this before. But... I ran into a design flaw before I drilled the 120mm hole. Well, its more like a layout flaw.

Origionally, I had planned on shoving the radiator up into the rafters as an exhaust from the case. Sounds great untill I realized that the drives, radiator and power supply would all bump heads up there, no matter how I moved, twisted, prodded or finaggled. So I gotta move it. But Ill still keep the 120mm blowhole.

Heres a pic so you can kinds see how the drives will interfere with the rad.
54.jpg

CD Rom: Im too damn long!

So heres my idea. Use the rad as the intake and make a shroud for the front fan ports to the radiator. Though Ill make it multi functional.
55.jpg

Rad: Im multifunctional!

Ill mount it at a diagonal with a neat cutom shroud. Then the air from the fan will help to cool the pump as well as help cool the ram and other Mobo parts with a breeze.

I know, "But Fush! That air is warm! *cry*" Its not that warm, the H20 will only be cooling the NB and GPU. What I can then do is use identical fans for the blowhole and radiator. Hook them both up to the fan controller, then I can balance airflow.

Lemme know what you think. Also, what to make the shroud from?
I ponder.

Last edited:
Awsome idea! Very...multifunctional use of seamlessly integrated peice of revolutionary hardware. Man...that hurt my advertising mouth...

Seriously though...good way to deal with a tough problem. Glad to know you aren't keeping the 120mm wire grill (YAY! No spaceship landing pads!).

Mico said:
Glad to know you aren't keeping the 120mm wire grill (YAY! No spaceship landing pads!).

Yeah dude. I want this thing to look sweet, not busted. Custom = good, like everyone elses = bad for Fushy.

I just painted the whole inside, back, and under front bezel flat black. With my red mobo it looks pretty nice, but other than that, it's standard. I want to do some customizing like you =)

BTW, if you cant tell. I cut the blowhole a little far back, for a reason. Think I should window mod the CD drive? Id like to, but maybe I should just finish what I am doing first.

I got alot ahead of me. Time is ticking.

That would be really awsome, but it depends partially on the motor mount and assembly of the CD drive. The top might be covered on the inside. Other than those fears, I think it would be really cool.

Ill have to pop it open, but I have bigger things to do for now, like modding a Vapochill when it gets here, getting panels designed and watercut and building an entire case from scratch. Though after all that, itll be cake.

Wow man, that is looking really good. I cant wait to see how this all turns out. I really like the color scheme you are using...it will look good with the aluminum.

Yeah. I'm glad to see someone doing a rather UV intensive case, as many people are turning simply to LEDs now. The brushed aluminium does look really nice.

Looking good! Yeah holesaws are super awkward when you 1st use them. I never use my batt one. I use my good ol Craftsman. It can drill through cement with the correct bit! If you thought Alum was hard drill some holes in a few steel cases or worse an Antec like I did. I got a perfect cut tho, trick is to let it work its way through and keep it cool. I have water cooling the bit as it cuts with like a hose or what not.

yeah let the rpm do the work not the presure
i need to do the same the only problem is i dont have a drill here ( well i have my dremel but that dont count) so i will have to do it the hard way :(

i am waiting to start my journal cause i have the parts and im modding now but i will publish my thread all at once

Yep, you definitley need a corded drill if you ever attempt cutting anything with a hole saw. Had to learn that the hard way too...:D :D

Back