• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Y Split As A T Split?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

Okay Home Depot was out of 1/2" id T-Fittings, so I decided to try and use a Y fitting that I had around instead.

This is for my bleed line obviously, and I was just making sure that it won't cause the water to divide evenly, and spray evenly out of the 'y' to both tubes hooked to it.

I assumed that because it would go :

Pump-> WYE -> -1 bleed tube to the top of case - 1 tube to rad at top of case->GPU->pump

Will the pull of the pumps inlet cause the water to be mostly drawn into the cooling loop and not "out of it" by means of the t-line?

(for some reason that was hard to explain ;))

Hmm, not the best solution... Since i'm feeling so chipper today, I have a bag of ten 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID Tees sitting here. I will send you one if you just PM me your address... 1/2" ID tubing will go over the Tee with some elbow grease and in theory, won't create much flow resistance since it is 1/2" ID.

simple answer: yes.

don't try with too short bleed tube though..

and .. make the inlet another of the Y's top so that it flows from Y's top to it's down.. err. i hope you get that :)

Wow that would be awesome if you could send me one...however, I am going to school next monday (sept. 1) and I kinda wanted to get it installed before school....

In the interest of time constraints...

what exactly would this DO if I hooked it up this way...

EDIT--see attached diagram (don't mind the ridiculously half-assed mapaint work ;))
http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/testum/images/theperfectplan.jpg

Back