• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

it's here the future of PC interaction!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no.. it`s some experimental thing...

it`s designed for large companies... i doubt we`ll see them on the market before 2010

Eh, its taking to long for this to be put into use. This tech has been around since the 80s. It is rediculous that it hasn't been implemented into the mass market yet.

Something like this is definatly going to need operating system support from the getgo to be successful. A whole new gui for one, but it would be a lot more enjoyable to have that much control over a pc.
I can see apple incorperating this into macs before anyone else.

This reminds me a lot of Minority report. Wonder which came first heh.

considering its 80's tech, i'd say the tech did.
It reminded me of that movie too ;)

Single point touch pads, (tablets) are already in mass production. Bypassing the mouse and going straight to the monitor is very nice. Using multiple points of contact would be the next logical step.

Of course, the problem is their's no way it could function without a heavy gui. Take away the keyboard, and we won't have a command line anymore. If it catches on it will increase overhead and complicate the process of making interfaces. Not to mention the inevitability of vendor lockin.

On the plus side, It looks like the perfect marrage of mouse intuitivness and typing speed. That's something that's been overdue for quite awhile.

i don't know...oily finger x 10 messing around on the screen...guess the image quailty really suffers after some period of use, or you have to keep cleaning your fingertips.

ontop of that, you'd have to put the monitor really close to you. you'd have to have the monitor within a foot or so from your chest.

because i highly doubt any of us would want to have to stretch our arms out 3+ feet ( and farther ) to change the song on our music playlist, or to close a window.

one of these would nearly have to sit on your lap, or be so close, that it causes eye strain.

and i don't want to lay my monitor on my lap. and i don't want to reach straight in front of me to type on a keyboard.

i can see this being used in many buisness fields. but for the general consumer, there is to many problems that will arise. So if it ever does hit the mass market...only a small percentile of people will actually buy and USE it. the rest of the people will stay happily where they are at with their current setup.

This would ruin fps games. I almost hope it doesn't make it prime time, or at least doesn't work well with games.

I have seen the future, and it is good. Now this isn't going to take the world by storm and replace the average desktop by any means. But It does have several good applications and possibilities. Imagine sorting pictures or cutting a movie just by using your hands and a few buttons? It does remind me of a couple movies though, I wonder if the movies got the idea from these companies?

I dont know... the current keyboard and mouse combo gives a good balance between input capacity and ergonomics. I don't think that type of interface could be used for an extended period of time without serious comfort issues.

considering its 80's tech, i'd say the tech did.
It reminded me of that movie too

I know it's irrelevant but, Minority Report was actually based on a book that came out in 1956. But hey, the possibilities with this tech...

There are alot of calculations to do that.

I bet it would have taken a dedicated large computer just to do those calculations let alone the app it needs to interface with.

In addition to the ergonomic issues already addressed in this thread, I see a lack of precision as an issue here. Can you imagine trying to manipulate a series of complex anchor points/curves in Illustrator using this?

The technology is interesting, but with limited application potential.

Back