• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello everyone!

I have been on other forums for a while now. Always enjoyed the reviews here and have gotten great information from these threads but I never have joined. Decided to change that today and start contributing.

Welcome electroneng and tehyoyo. :)

Ee: I like your work, I've seen you around me in the bot rankings I believe. :)

Thanks I.M.O.G.

I have noticed you also! :)

I have been benching primarily on Dice but I have a SS Phase incoming from SDumper. Probably going to pick up another CPU pot to Start LN2 in the future also.

Benching as a lone wolf at the moment but probably will go out for a team in the next few months.

New Member Introduction

Hi,
My name is Tracy and I am new to overclockers.com
I run CaveGeek Computer Services part time in northern Colorado.
I joined the forum because I am fed up with the poor offerings of computer cases and cooling solutions. After more than a decade, the industry has yet to produce a viable and affordable phase change cooler, let alone a case that can contain it.
It wasn't so long ago that hitting temps around ~40c was a cause for mild concern. Hitting 60c would have been cause for panic. Today, 60c has become common place.
This has led me to the coclusion that my only real option is to design and build my own line of cases with a built in phase change system.
My research into this started yesterday and I quickly found that this site was likely going to be my best option for research and colaboration.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Tracy Fox
CaveGeek Computer Services :comp::comp:

Hi,
My name is Tracy and I am new to overclockers.com

This has led me to the coclusion that my only real option is to design and build my own line of cases with a built in phase change system.
My research into this started yesterday and I quickly found that this site was likely going to be my best option for research and colaboration.
:

Welcome foxt2372! :welcome:

A 24/7 and affordable phase change system. This would have to be 1/6 to 1/3 HP compressor driven to reduce power consumption and weight. A small 1/4 HP system should be able to keep a hexacore processor, overclocked, below a good water cooled systems temperatures.

This is interesting!

The new d00d!

Hi! So. I go by EpicMango! Let me give you a little bio about myself

I'm 19. I love computers. From the day I was bought my first computer, a single core P4 @2.4ghz, 512MB SD RAM, 64MB graphics card, and a 100GB HD, I've always LOVED computers. I loved how they worked. This was way back in 2003. That computer above cost almost $4000.

Skipping all the gory details, I started creating web pages in 8th grade. I remember having THEE coolest myspace page out of all my friends. Myspace actually taught me a lot. Kept doing that for about 2 years. Then I slowly transitioned out of that and started learning about networking and whatnot.
Within the last 8 months, I have taught myself about the hardware that goes into a computer. I have studied so much on that topic, I am confident that I can fully assemble a computer with the knowledge I have, but its not hard, when you have a passion for it!:D

A lot of you may actually know me!

I am the creator of the rainmeter skin 8Bar! It was featured in a desktop I made out of the hell on Lifehacker.com called Windows 8 Concept.

I have since dropped Rainmeter. I have transitioned into networking.

Everything I taught myself about computers is selftaught. Everything from HTML/CSS coding to regedit editings, linux bash shell commands, rainmeter, blah blah blah, too much to name

It might come as a shock, but only JUST now did I start building my first ever desktop, but thats because I have a job now.

i5 3570k
8GB G Skill 1600Mhz ram
128GB SSD
80GB WD Raptor
750 WD Black
250 Samsung Spinpoint
XFX 7850 OC'd 2GB 256bit graphics
NZXT Tempest Evo Case
Seasonic 620 watt PSU

I joined this forum for 2 reasons. To learn even more about computers, and to help other people with questions they have!

Wooooo. I'm excited!

:welcome: to OCForums!

Nice system you have there! There are many other members with the same interests as you, and many with different interests. We all learn from each other since everyone has difference experience levels in different specialties. This is a great place to learn, share knowledge, and discuss. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Back