• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smack your laptop to change desktops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
exactly what i said. too bad i don't have a macpro or a thinkpad.

It's pretty hilarious that the selling point that possibly broke your wallet's back is... "I CAN SMACK IT AND IT DOES STUFF!"

That's AWESOME. ;)

now you can sit at your computer and say "i'm smacking it" and have it not bring dirty pictures to peoples minds. well, maybe not.

w00t! i want one for my t40! looks like they finally put that hdd shock sensor to good use (personally I never liked it. If you drop your laptop, you deserve to break your hdd)

I really need to mod an accelerometer into my laptop. Then I could finally have all the fun that all those Apple guys have! :D

JigPu

Sir. BOBSONATOR said:
i just use the control alt arrow keys..

not cool enough. I also saw a video on youtube where the kid would tilt his laptop to change the desktop. not really as fucntional, but still interesting (i lost the link)

splat said:
not cool enough. I also saw a video on youtube where the kid would tilt his laptop to change the desktop. not really as fucntional, but still interesting (i lost the link)
would suck if you used that and had one of those gigantic widescreen models. With some of them if you wanted to tilt it you would need to clear a ten foot radius:)

I had this installed awhile back, but wound up removing it. The reasoning is....sensitivity. There isn't a region of sensitivity in which I feel comfortable. I either had to knock it with a fairly good blow, or have it at the next level down, which would cause the screens to change at the most inopportune times when moving.

All in all, I defaulted for a program which simply allows me to use a hotkey.

Back