• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watch_dogs using not more than 70% of my GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raident30

my specs is in my sig... im quite curious why WD doesn't use my gpu power more than 70%? im playing on high settings and the FPS im getting is 30-50 and sometimes it dips to the low 20s... so the game isn't that optimized or my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU in this game? any thoughts guys? thanks in advance! :thup::thup:

The game apparently has optimization issues. I assume you are running the latest beta drivers for your video card?

Ubisoft announced they are releasing a patch for PC soon to help fix the performance issues. If I have some time I'll create an official W_D thread for OCF today.

The new 14.6 beta supposedly give up to a 25% performance increase in Watch Dogs. Let us know how if you're framerates are any better. I also have a 7950 and on 1440p High settings I get around 35 fps. It doesn't drop below 30 ever.

I get dips to the 20s with the rig in my sig on all ultra + high textures at 1440p. The game's not optimized well at all.

I get dips to the 20s with the rig in my sig on all ultra + high textures at 1440p. The game's not optimized well at all.

Unfortunately I heard that crossfire and sli were not working very well with the game right now even with the new drivers. Ubisoft said they are working on a new patch so let's hope that helps.

I'm just glad I was able to get the game to finally work at all.

It's pretty typical to see issues with X-fire and SLI when games first come out because developers still don't optimize them for those configurations until after they receive multiple complaints. Why, you ask? Beats the hell out of me. :bang head

That said, I bet you'll get better performance if you disable crossfire and just play.

It's pretty typical to see issues with X-fire and SLI when games first come out because developers still don't optimize them for those configurations until after they receive multiple complaints. Why, you ask? Beats the hell out of me. :bang head

That said, I bet you'll get better performance if you disable crossfire and just play.

Performance is actually worse with crossfire off.

now i have a different problem... the is stuck on loading after pressing continue... i've had this problem before but iresolved it with deleting the save games and doing a new game... but now it returned.. well, i out of clue now..

Back