• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark kick me back @ 991MHz(1.95V@12C)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
L

lightning

i run my system @ 991MHz and test the stability with 3Dmark2k. just when i start the program, 10 sec, it kick me back to window!!! i saw my temp was just 12C!! i set the Vcore @ 1.90V at bios(mbm=1.94)!! what's the problem over here?? my cooling sys are Alpha 6035+85W pelt..... :)

Try running other benchmarks. Sandra has some component specific benchmarks. Run a couple loops testing ram. Then try the cpu. If both of those hold strong it might be your graphics card not liking the fsb (but I don't see why that would knock you back into windows though). No matter the cooling processors do have a limit. You may have reached yours.

sandra and folding is okey, but prime reboot my pc as soon the temp reach reach 22C!!! 3dmark kick me back to window @12C(mbm report)!! strange!! this chip can post @1043MHz with current setup and very low ambient temp(10 -15C), but extramely not stable!!! any idea???

try running Final Reality.......not that it will be a definite difference, but may allow you to see if your system is capable of being maxed out or if you have a definite issue. Can you run any games sucessfully? (intensive games)

Pick up Final Reality here: ftp://208.61.76.82

What stepping is the chip...cC0 or cB0? I really think you may have just reached the limits of your chip. The 750's aren't known for there overclockability like the 700's, check the database on the home page and see how high others have gotten.

i had final reality @ another machine, i'm gonna try it afterward!! i hvn't try any game yet!! coz it was not stable, so i planning not to play game @ this machine yet. my 2 chip are cC0 stepping....and i had check thru the cpu data base, the highest show @ there are 1000+!! but with super cooling!!!

Door Knob (May 07, 2001 09:05 a.m.):
What stepping is the chip...cC0 or cB0? I really think you may have just reached the limits of your chip. The 750's aren't known for there overclockability like the 700's, check the database on the home page and see how high others have gotten.

I agree with Door Knob.
Looks like your cpu is the cause as prime 95 is only cpu intensive.
The only thing that might help is to try with only one stick of memory in the board then knock the mem timing down if it still has problems.

do you think i can stable @1Gig if i can pull down the temp to sub zero degree C?? coz last time(winter time), i don't hv my pelt and i still can boot up @1 Gig with 1.90V!! but ambient temp are extremly low!! about 10C!!

You also gotta consider your Video card, Lightning.

Voodoo3's AGP are not very good at OC'ed machines. I owned Voodoo3 2000PCI be4 and it just wont run well at very high FSB. PCI do handle better than the AGP one in system OC'ing but still had its limit on me. Lose the Voodoo and try the good'ol TNT2Ultra or GayForce based cards. You'll see the difference in stability. If not, try peltier cooling your Voodoo core also.

It could still be your CPU too.. but Im thinking 35- 40% is your CPU and 60-65% chance in Voodoo card causing prob...

If he had a bx based mobo the video card would probably be it but he has a via mobo with 1/2 fsb agp timing available.
Unless hes running the agp bus at 1-1 or 2/3 instead of 1/2 I dont think it would matter as at 1/2 he would be underclocking the agp bus.

today outside temp are pretty low, so i can do some experiment!! i open my window and let the room temp equal to outside temp, and then i use one table fan point at the cpu and max it out!!! start my pc and 1Gig, let it ideal, the temp was about 5-6C!! then load it with prime95. this time it won't just smooth till the temp @17C(3min run), then i stop it and try 3dMark!! wow!! it run thru all benchmark!! no kicj oout or reboot again!! is that seem like heat problem?? :) well, i did oc my voodoo as i said at the front, i ran it @180MHz!! even when i disable the voodoo oc, it still won't let me run all the 3dbenchmark(i mean b4 this)!!! i plan to change the card too, but not now!!! short of $$$$$!!! i will try water cooling first!!! then i will report again my result!!!

just an update, i run the final reality @991 but with 2.10V(MBM, BIOS=2.05V), it just finish it smooth, the temp was just 22C!! 3dbenchmark still kick me back to window after few min run!! is that really my chip had hit the ceilling??

Have you checked it out on Prime95? I gather that is a program that tests strictly cpu and memory. Failure there might point to those parts of your system as having a problem.

anvil

Back