• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what about the frequencies??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

r there "better" frequencies to be set when overclocking? i mean, this is kinda difficult for me to say.. there r standard values as 100MHz, 133 and 66MHz FSB; no matter how fast the CPU will be overclocked, can a non-standard value be more damaging for the chip than the standard ones?

My two cents worth..... i think extreme overclocking may eventually harm the cpu,or upping the voltages to above the standard specs .....imho,though i,been running a 550E @ 733 on a 440BX mobo for about 18months now with no probs what so ever,thing is still running great, however, that machine iv'e given to my son...
regards

Why worry about CPU damage from overclocking, the CPU will be out of date within a year anyway, so just as long as you dont 'Kill' the CPU.. I believe the performace gains from overclocking will prolong the use of the CPU rather than hinder it... just my view

-----------------

Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

As far as the chip goes, the FSB setting doesn't really matter. In between settings that result in high PCI/AGP bus speeds can be harder on peripheral cards. It's not a big deal as stability usually suffers first. However, overclocking the peripherals can result in them running hotter, especially if the VIO has been increased to aid the stability.

Back