• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Globalwin or Alpha for a PIII SECC2 Heatsink/cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBD100

Registered
Hey all, Now running a Dual PIII SECC2 850, an yeah, i know,, 850's ain't no gud at o/clocking! ;)

But this machine will only be pushing the 103FSB mark and am going for stability as it will be running as a server most its life.

Current situation is that am stuck with the intel default heatsinks (not overclocked at all yet just incase) i can get my hand on either 2 GlobalWin VNS04's (GlobalWin VOS32+ is just too damn phatt to run dual!)

OR

I get 2 alpha Alpha P3125S M60's

I've been using old PII Globalwin VEK12's for a couple of years now with no problems, but in your opinion what would be the best to go for?

The Globalwins are cheep but only push 10. cfm each fan, alphas pushin 26!!! but costing three times as much if i get two alphas instead of the global's.

So... are the alphas as good as people say? or shud i play it safe and cheap and get some reliable globals?

Over 2 u guys........

Well, ya said you had no intention of attempting any hardcore oc. Basically just running turbo. I beleive you'd do fine with the Globalwins. I had a Globwin dually on my old PII 300 @ 504 which handled things great. :)

Your damn right :)

I will lose 3 out of 4 dimm slots on the left cpu but the first will fit. A good iwill design on there part. If circulation is a problem then I will change the fans to smaller YS tech or something. But yeah, looks like globalwin are my best bet. Slimmer designs too, cheaper, and those VEK 12's did the job no probs.

Cheers lads,
Al

Back