• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte M68MT-D3P No Overclocking AT ALL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VeRDe

Registered
I bought the motherboard i refer to, for a friend. We wanted to create an ultra low cost PC for gaming.

We bought a GPU: AMD Radeon Sapphire 5770 and an AMD X3 435 CPU.

The motherboard as you can see is promoting the above:

1937.jpg

plus that it unlocks the 4th core. Many ultra, ultra, ultra but nothing at all as you will see.

I thought that it would be a perfect motherboard for low expectations overclocking (i was expecting ~3,5GHz per core in this CPU).

Nope it is not!!! :mad:

It has NO FSB or MULTIPLIER SETTINGS AVAILABLE!! Yes a 2011 released motherboard can not adjust FSB!!??!

My older 2008 released MSI K9VGM-V could and this can't!! :screwy:

I went in contact with gigabyte and their response was:

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, since different models may have different configurations, we are sorry that GA-M68MT-D3P(rev. 3.0) cannot adjust FSB, multiplier etc.

and if the problem will ever solved on a BIOS update?

Thank you again for your kindly mail. GA-M68MT-D3P(rev. 3.0) does not support overclock, there will no options of FSB and Multiplier in BIOS.

Thanks for stealing me Gigabyte......! :rolleyes:

From the add on Gigabyte's website and from looking other places it seems there was never any mention of the board doing any overclock.

Perhaps just a case of unrealistic expectations.

The only performance option on this board is core unlocking. It does not provide a CPU frequency control of any kind. You might try AMD Overdrive but more than likely the overclocking controls will be grayed out/inactive.

RGone Please tell me where this motherboard for example (i had in the past) http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9VGM-V.html#?div=Detail is mentioning anything about overclocking.

And please find me any other 2011 released mainstream desktop motherboard that doesnt support overclock. Even some HTPC's have options for overclocking with Brazos CPU's!

This motherboard is 5 years back turnover...

What I find will not change the fact that motherboard in current version or previous version has no provisions for changing FSB or Cpu multiplier for the purpose of overclocking. Only ram speed can be changed in current or previous motherboard version.

From the current and previous mb_manual_ga-m68mt-v.3.0_e.pdf. The manual covers current and previous motherboard version.

GA-M68MT-D3P << Current release of that Nvidia chipset motherboard.
GA-M68MT-S2P << Previous release of that Nvidia chipset motherboard.
AM3 socket motherboard for
AMD Phenom™ II processor/ AMD Athlon™ II processor
Copyright
© 2010 GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) for the previous release of that motherboard had no option to overclock the cpu either.

Dual Bios, Core boost (unlock 4th core), core voltage control, 4+1 phase for cooler motherboard and no FSB adjustment.

@#!!#!#!@#!@#!@

Even if this is true, manual is inside the package. Not outside.

Overclocking in 2011 motherboards is (should be) standard...

Even if this is true, manual is inside the package. Not outside.

Overclocking in 2011 motherboards is (should be) standard...

But why would you not go to the MFRs site and download the manual to see what the board offers?
I'm sorry but you just assumed the board allowed OCing and we know what happens when people assume.

Yeah, I read that some of the MSI boards have no OC ability at all. Read that maybe a month ago, firs time I've ever heard of that, other than OEM rigs.

Just joined to reply to this thread. I have the same MB for a cheap HTPC. When in the bios main screen push ctrl F1 and it allows you to access advanced chipset features. IE: FSB adjustment and such.

Although personally when I enter anything above the stock FSB frequency when I try to boot into windows when it goes to post it says it's in safe mode and to reset the CPU freq. Not sure why this is, because it does appear to let you change the FSB. Anyway thats all

I bought the motherboard i refer to, for a friend. We wanted to create an ultra low cost PC for gaming.

We bought a GPU: AMD Radeon Sapphire 5770 and an AMD X3 435 CPU.

The motherboard as you can see is promoting the above:

1937.jpg

plus that it unlocks the 4th core. Many ultra, ultra, ultra but nothing at all as you will see.

I thought that it would be a perfect motherboard for low expectations overclocking (i was expecting ~3,5GHz per core in this CPU).

Nope it is not!!! :mad:

It has NO FSB or MULTIPLIER SETTINGS AVAILABLE!! Yes a 2011 released motherboard can not adjust FSB!!??!

My older 2008 released MSI K9VGM-V could and this can't!! :screwy:

I went in contact with gigabyte and their response was:

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, since different models may have different configurations, we are sorry that GA-M68MT-D3P(rev. 3.0) cannot adjust FSB, multiplier etc.

and if the problem will ever solved on a BIOS update?

Thank you again for your kindly mail. GA-M68MT-D3P(rev. 3.0) does not support overclock, there will no options of FSB and Multiplier in BIOS.

Thanks for stealing me Gigabyte......! :rolleyes:

It does have a the overclock feature, when on the bios main screen press ctrl & f1 to unlock the hidden menu item when you then enter this the option are there to set the cpu how you want it.

Back