• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
Question for anyone why is that if i reformat my hd i can spend 40 min @1.6 settings while installing the operating system but when the os is done and starts to go into windows the freezing starts it cant be a heat problem because it would of reached max temps long into installing the operating system in the first place. Are there registry settings in windows that need to be dealt with?

Well your CPU is not stable. Some operation just cause it to act wierd. I f I go to 1.6 everything works fine. Games, benchmarks graphics oprgrams, but Prime 95 gives me an error. If I go back to 1.53 Prime 95 works. ??????? I can just assume that your system is no longer truly stable. Mine does it. Anybody else with ideas?

the install may not be stressing the cpu that much at all. If you can't boot it, its not stable. What kinda temps are you getting. In fact, roll us a list of your whole system.

My idle temperature is 27 degrees maximum underload is 44-46degress. using abit kt7a-raid antec 350 watt powersupply, soundblaster 512, ethernet g-force 2 mx, cd rw, cd rom, zip drive and 2 hard drives.

Try removing the sound card and see if it still locks up in the OS. I have seen the 686 bug do this before.

I've also heard that installing with the cpu o/c'ed has caused some weird problems for people. It corrupts the registry or something. Try reinstalling after formatting and doing it a factory settings then kick her up a notch.

Back