• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing core voltage on a Tyan S1854 Trinity 400...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There isn't one.

I have a Tyan Tsunami ATX, that is very similar, I run spare parts on and it's not made for overclocking. No voltage adjustment is available on that board or mine.

I've tried using a slocket that had voltage adjustments on it (mine's a slot 1 only) and it still did no better with them. You could try if you like...I did buy mine used for $60 almost a year ago and I can't really complain much since it's used by my girlfriend, so I don't care so much I can't overclock it.

Pretty stable board, just not made for this.

Thanks anyway.

I'm satisfied with the little bit of OC'ing I was able to get out of it. I have my 500Mhz PIII running at 560 with a 112 FSB. Rock solid. Plus the Via chipset eliminates the PCI overclocking problem.

Good board overall. :)

I agree and that halfways point (112-115) was about all I could get out of mine as well. It had no problems posting at 100 (for my Celeron 600) but it would freeze when loading that first Win2K loadup screen. Same thing in ME and Win98. Voltage is the only thin I could think of that was causing it because that chip would do 900 in my Soyo, no problems (with voltage manipulation).

Mine's a BX board so whether it be Via or BX it proves these boards aren't for overclocking but has been a terrific low-cost one for all it's used for.

Back