• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6970 vs 7850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felixthemaster

6970 whoops the 7850's stock as no doubt

but the 7850 is cheaper, more efficient, runs cooler, needs less power, and overclocks better and beats the 6970

what do you guys think?:D

7850 defiantly. All things considered thats just a better card, and after OCing like you said it can beat a stock 6970 all for less heat and less power.

Efficiency saves polar bears. We need polar bears, who else will devour the baby seal army of the north?

Wait your putting it in an I3?

I would personally go with an I5 2500k and a lower end card in that case. The plan I went with was an 6870 and a G850 now and when I get the cash move to a 2500k and another 6870 for crossfire. I get good performance now and later I'll have performance better than a 6970.

I mean there are a ton of options that you have avalible to you. If you plan on upgrading the I3 later then the 7850 is where I would go. Then after than you can upgrade to 7850 Xfire. I just know the difference in gaming between an I3 and G850 is pretty low at the moment.

Wait your putting it in an I3?

I would personally go with an I5 2500k and a lower end card in that case. The plan I went with was an 6870 and a G850 now and when I get the cash move to a 2500k and another 6870 for crossfire. I get good performance now and later I'll have performance better than a 6970.

I mean there are a ton of options that you have avalible to you. If you plan on upgrading the I3 later then the 7850 is where I would go. Then after than you can upgrade to 7850 Xfire. I just know the difference in gaming between an I3 and G850 is pretty low at the moment.

nah mate, cant afford an i5 and also i dont mind bottlenecking.. as long as the cpu wont fry, boittlenecking wont be a problem, i will upgrade to an i5 soon anywayz.. its just the initial budget that is low

Depends on the game, but a 7850 and a better CPU would do wonders...

I know my 955 @ 3.8ghz is fine for my 480... it actually will push full unoverclocked gpu utilization in most games. Honestly thinking about selling the 480 and getting a 7870 myself, as it will cut down on my heat output (yay south Texas!)

Depends on the game, but a 7850 and a better CPU would do wonders...

I know my 955 @ 3.8ghz is fine for my 480... it actually will push full unoverclocked gpu utilization in most games. Honestly thinking about selling the 480 and getting a 7870 myself, as it will cut down on my heat output (yay south Texas!)

never researched the nvidia cards, dont know how they are ranked :)

480 is roughly equal to a 570/7850

I usually cheat and take a gander at tomshardware's monthly best gfx cards for the money. The last page is a comparison chart for where different gpus rank

i mean yea, google "graphics card heirachy" and you will get it but i mean

the radeon cards:
the thousands place is for the generation
and hundreds is the actual rank X990 is best and X110 will be worse

but for nvidia it has three numbers and i dont know what they mean

Back