• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD GPU Heatsink Mounting screws etc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Alright, so I'm sure some of you have been in this situation where you snap off a mounting screw from your gpu?

Little did I know that the local hardware store doesn't sell them...

I'm attaching pictures but this is for a HD7950 and I would like to know if I have any other options?

Can I maybe drill a bigger hole in the 4 plastic grommets on the pcb and purchase bigger hexagonal mounting bolts and pair that with bigger/stronger screws?

Does anyone have spare mounting screws they could send my way? It would be much appreciated. I don't know what they cost but let me know in a PM. I didn't post a pic of the hexagonal mounting bolts but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. It's the ones that are screwed into the heatsink and the pcb lays on top of them.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20140528_171138.jpg
    20140528_171138.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,785
ah, it was a link...my bad...

no those don't work for my gpu but thank you for trying.

I'm surprised no enthusiasts here have extras lying around from older cards? Maybe I need to post this elsewhere?

Some local hardware stores have a very good selection of fasteners. I don't shop in Canada so can't name names. Down here names like Ace and True Value dominate, other than Home Depot and Lowe's.

Anyway, take the screw with you and see if you can get a thread match, then match as close as possible to length, then head style. You can always use washers to increase the bearing surface under the head of a fastener that fits. It's all about form, fit, and function.

Back