• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Early price drop? E6600 dropped over here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xione

Moments ago I was checking out some products on a PC hardware retailer located here in the Netherlands and I saw this: http://www.sallandautomatisering.nl/?redirect=/content/productinfo.php?pid=24991

A E6600 for 212 euro's wich is roughly 287 USD compared to the old price of 289 euro's (392 USD). Is this a marketing stunt or could it be that the price drop has come almost a week early?

Me thinks I'll be ordering my new rig within a week :D

Edit: E6700 also dropped, almost 200 euro's! Also I see newegg prices are a lot cheaper then the old prices over here, but then again, this is Europe.

Last edited:
Prices will drop more than that, what you're seeing is simply stock reduction in anticipation of price cuts.

Prices are still the same in the US ,the 6600 is still 308.00 usd and the 6700 is 509.00 usd.

stetser said:
Prices will drop more than that, what you're seeing is simply stock reduction in anticipation of price cuts.

I hope you're right, 75 euro is allready an impressive drop though. I put a pricewatcher at 211 euro's on it, if it drops as much as 1 euro I'm definatly buying soon.

ahhh i cant wait for the price drops!!! i may be able to talk my dad into buying an e6600 for me

you guys know how much they will drop USD?

One Bull said:
Yeah I noticed it today too.
I see you go to tweaker.net too? :D

Hehe, yeh sometimes, I keep a wishlist of all parts for my new rig and check the prices every week or so.

Btw, I live about 35 Km's from Enschede, and I go to school there daily (Saxion) ;)

One Bull said:
Yeah, the price drop is here in Holland, that's why...

@ Xione: 35km's, you live in Boekelo or something? (Grolsch is there :drool: )

Markelo actually, small little village between Goor and Holten.

Anyway, I'm not suprised that the prices in the USA are still about the same, I'm guessing this is just this particular vendor trying to boost sales. The price drop is still very nice though, about what I expected too. I'm going to wait till the actual 22nd and then buy the parts.

Edit: damnit, it's gone up again :(

Back