• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocing my e6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well dropped to 9x350
On voltages went thru many settings as high as:
PCI Express Frequency (mhz)- 101
DDR2 overvoltage control- + 0.2v
PCI overvoltage control - + 0.1v
FSB overvoltage conrol- .2
MCH overvoltage control- .2
CPU V 1.425

Still get immediate error with orthos?:(

I guess sometime this week I will try and run memtest86. Maybe that is problem. I ran it last night through one pass. All 8 tests passed.

If I understand right you need to let it run for about 10 hrs though. Right?

Try overclocking your RAM a little bit. You know your system will do 2.8GHz (7x400) stable. So far, you haven't been able to get stable at 3.2GHz (8x400). So, let's go for something in between. How about 3.0GHz at 7x429? I would suspect your RAM can handle some overclocking.

Speaking of RAM, what are your timings? If you timings are set tight, you might want to loosen them up as you go over 400FSB.

Concerning CPU-Z... The voltage displayed by CPU-Z never matches the voltage you set in the BIOS. Why? I don't know. But, it's always been this way and is nothing to be concerned with.

Atomic Dawg said:
Try overclocking your RAM a little bit. You know your system will do 2.8GHz (7x400) stable. So far, you haven't been able to get stable at 3.2GHz (8x400). So, let's go for something in between. How about 3.0GHz at 7x429? I would suspect your RAM can handle some overclocking.

Speaking of RAM, what are your timings? If you timings are set tight, you might want to loosen them up as you go over 400FSB.

Concerning CPU-Z... The voltage displayed by CPU-Z never matches the voltage you set in the BIOS. Why? I don't know. But, it's always been this way and is nothing to be concerned with.

RAM is set at stock 5-5-5-15.

I will give the 7x429 a shot when i get home from work tonight.

Work just gets in way fo fun stuff.

Well I tried 7x429 also tried 7x450 with different voltages......same orthos crash. sigh

Well ran memtest 86 today for a little over 5 hrs. It passed all tests 11 times.

I can get it to run at 7x400 stable. But just can't get it to even think about running orthos at 8 or 9 x 300 to 400. I am still recieving immediate errors running it. I have also tried running Prime 95 it fails too.:bang head

My voltage settings have been anywhere from normal to as high as

DDR2 OverVoltage +.2
PCI-E OverVoltage +.2
FSB OverVoltage +.2
MCH OverVoltage +.2
CPU OverVoltage 1.45

and all settings in between.

Ram is set to auto with timings of 5-5-5-15.

Also in Advanced Bios section I have disabled everything but TM2.

Any thoughts anyone?:confused:

Back