• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Line killed me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducky9

Disabled
I just... I don't.. :bang headWhat...? :censored: it I'll just ask. Will this silly idea i have work? Define work? Okay, will the drain be able to be super awesome and when the time comes I need to take the life juice out of my loop? Will this disrupt the flow of my loop by a large percentage? I mean... Looking at it it looks like a 90 but with 2 options for the juice to flow in. Which seems bad. Awful actually. I could just put the t closer to the pump output and then make a long loop in my tube coming out of the 180 adjacent and have the drain 90 facing down.. That actually seems like an optimal set up:muahaha:. But what do you guys think? I'm the noob newb nubasaur here. Untitled-97.JPG

I'm not sure of what res/pump you are using but what about just using one of the extra ports on the res as your drain port if you have one?

Are you gonna be able to fit the res/pump there with the PSU installed?

your drawing is kinda useless but in short you can definitly use a T to drain the system.
you could use a T line as a fill port or a drainport and both. two tlines works. i havent seen it done but a 4 way would also work with a fil port and drainport in the same fitting. the flow of water through the coupler will follow the path of least resistance. you will have stagnant water in the fill and drain lines coming off the 4 way and water under pressure on the other sides.
T line will obviously need to be immediately before the pump and preferably at the lowest point in the system.

The direction of water.....
Based on your drawing and how the pump works, your flow is backwards.

You do not want to be pumping into your T-Line
You want to be pumping water out of it or you wont be able to use it to fill your system.
Ill see if i can dig up an old photo of a T-Line i used to run.

Edit:

Here is the Old T-Line I was running
attachment.php

You can see the pump on the bottom, and at the top right is the T-Line feeding it.

So the flow in this system is Pump -> 360 -> CPU -> GPU -> 240 -> Pump
T-Line basically replaces the res.

Last edited:
The direction of water.....
Based on your drawing and how the pump works, your flow is backwards.

You do not want to be pumping into your T-Line
You want to be pumping water out of it or you wont be able to use it to fill your system.
Ill see if i can dig up an old photo of a T-Line i used to run.

Isn't that irrelevant with a res though?

So yes it should work. its pretty much the same as the valve you can see in my old T-Line setup.

Sorry for that. I totally didnt see the res/pump part.
Whoops

Back