• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or Logitech Z623

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuggowitz

I'm considering replacing my old Logitech X-540's. They've served me well, but I don't have a way to set them up in actual surround sound at the moment, so they're a little unnecessary (and dated). I work at Best Buy Canada, so I get sizable discounts on both the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's and the Logitech Z623. I've read reviews on both of them, as well as having heard the Z623's in action, and I'm finding it nigh impossible to decide between the two. I think the Klipsch's look aesthetically better at least, but I've had fairly good experiences with Logitech products (my G15 keyboard had no hiccups, nor have my G330 headset, G710+ or X540's). We carry the Logitechs in store, but I would have to order the Klipsch's (free shipping, so whatever).

I want them primarily for gaming, listening to music (prog rock, metal, jazz, etc.), and TV.

Do any of you guys have experience with either (or both) of these products? And if so, which do you think is the best?

Of the two you listed, go with Klipsch since that's a well known brand in high end audio. But I suggest getting a standalone digital receiver or amplifier and a pair of speakers. I recommend Samsung or Panasonic since they're the ones using the superior HVIC outputs. (Some Pioneers also use HVICs, but I don't know which ones.)

Of the two you listed, go with Klipsch since that's a well known brand in high end audio. But I suggest getting a standalone digital receiver or amplifier and a pair of speakers. I recommend Samsung or Panasonic since they're the ones using the superior HVIC outputs. (Some Pioneers also use HVICs, but I don't know which ones.)

Similar to a home-theater set-up you mean? I don't really have the space for a receiver, not to mention the vast price gap if that's what you're suggesting. I won't get in to specifics of what these 2.1 systems cost me, but it would cost much more to buy a receiver and speakers+sub ( 2-4x more, even at staff price), and although I can technically afford it and would LOVE to have a setup that awesome, I really can't justify it on a part-time student salary :(

If your old speakers still work, just keep using them. Speaker technology hasn't advanced very much.

I have had the Logitech 623's for a few years and absolutely love them. I use onboard sound on my z68 mobo and listen to music (all kinds), movies/tv, gaming etc.

I don't have any experience with Klipsch Promedia 2.1's, but I do hear them suggested on the forums, as much as the 623's.

Let us know what you decide!

Probably just going to bite the bullet on the Logitech's. Not in the mood to wait for the Klipsch's to come in. The joys of living on an Island, everything takes a billion years to arrive.

Buying a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1s is what set me on the path to becoming an audiophile. They are outstanding speakers for the $150 asking price. What's nice is that you can upgrade the satellites to pretty much whatever you want.

I love my Klpsch Promedia 2.1 it will blow you away. <-- literally do not turn the volume or bass all the way up.

Edit: You need to wait it out, trust me it will be worth it!

I use my Promedia 2.1 setup in my garage now, its nice cranking up some loud rock while cutting wood lol Ive had them since new years ago and they still sound fantastic.

do not get logitech. i work at officeworks in australia we sell them, the subwoofers casing is too thin. klipsch are nice

Back