• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8-7600 vapourware ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Anyone have any news on this CPU?
From what my understanding is, the A8 should have been available a month after the A10's. That would have been around 14 Feb.

We are now into the send week of March, about 2 months after the A10 launch and this CPU is nowhere to be seen.

Reason I am looking into this CPU is I am looking to upgrade my HTPC and put my Core 2 Duo to rest.

So if anyone has heard anything, please pass that info on.

Still waiting myself to finally build my HTPC.

No one said it would be out in February though... the site always said 2014-Q1 so they have a few weeks left.
Based on the demand that I've seen around the net, they probably ramped up production and will wait until Mar 31 for the release. I can even see the pre-orders starting over that weekend.

Still waiting myself to finally build my HTPC.

No one said it would be out in February though... the site always said 2014-Q1 so they have a few weeks left.
Based on the demand that I've seen around the net, they probably ramped up production and will wait until Mar 31 for the release. I can even see the pre-orders starting over that weekend.

Talked to a store today that is fairly large in Canada.
They know at least a week in advance 95% of the time if a new CPU is coming and they have no news at all.

So it does look like AMD is dragging their feet on this one and we might be lucky if it even hits retail by the end of the month. Sadly you might be right about being a Pre-order only. Oh how I hate paper launches.

Yeah I have seen plenty of reviews, just no APU's to be found in the market.
Plus retail shops are really good at taking your money. So I do trust this shop on what they told me.

Back