• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 CPU thermal Protection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

Just wanted to know if I need to program this in the bios or is it automatically set already in the bios by default?

What is the criteria and at what temp will the thermal protection kick in?
Sorry if my questions sounds stupid. Been reading thru my bible (manual) and haven't come across any info on how to set it.

Last edited:
I believe its already set in the BIOS, and programmed to shut down at 90C. Not 100% about 90C though, it might be 85 or 95. I don't remember if there's any way to change this, when I get back to my rig I'll check and let you know.

Thanks for the correction drunkmonkey. I just checked the BIOS, it is in fact not there. The 85C temp sounds right. This board has too many features to keep track of :).

and I can verify it works the way it should, when I first got the board I mismounted the heatsink and it wasn't making proper contact, the asus board caught it when a load hit it and saved my cpu!

Back