• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered A7V333- did I do the right thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

Ordered it thru newegg this morning to replace my K7S5A and run w/ a XP1800+ cpu.

Any Good/Bad words and words of advice about this mobo would be greatly appreciated

It's a very stable motherboard, w/ a lot of overclocking features. It has a lot of jumpers on it, but don't be scared of them! That's what manuals are for.

Good choice :)

Doesn't Asus JumperFree allow one to use the bios instead of the jumpers or am I wrong?

maxima88 said:
Doesn't Asus JumperFree allow one to use the bios instead of the jumpers or am I wrong?

Yes, but the first step in troubleshooting if you can't get things to work is to switch over to jumper mode. My experience with this mobo is generally good, although it does keep insisting that there's no CPU installed whenever I start my computer up.

I am also running an A7V333 with a XP 1800+. My experience has been very positve. The board is stable, with plenty of ocing potential, and a decent manual as well. Hope you have as good an experience as I did.

I ordered a refurbished Asus A7V333 from newegg. Everytime I power up I get a "System Failed CPU Test". I tried jumperless and jumper mode. Not sure what to do now. Any Suggestions???

I only buy new MB's and dont waste my time with refurbished. My system is stable and has no problems running Prime95 for 24+ hours. Very good and stable board with nice overclocking options.

ASUS Are good motherboards.

I think they are a little overpriced, but hey maybe its that 100% ACCURATE Tempature probe they made :rolleyes:

Back