• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P-4 PSU for 35$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Is a P-4 400W PSU (dunno what brand) can be sold to me for 35$ is it worth it, guys?

Last edited:
What's going to be running on it?

Combined wattage and AMPs is what's important when picking a PSU. 400W can mean next to nothing if it doesn't provide good amounts of both.

I really dunno the details, all I know is:
1. Its a P-4 moded (approved, whatever) PSU.
2. Its 400W.
3. It costs 35$.
I'm gonna be running my main rig on it... the 1.33GHz Athlon... I can't O/C it b/c of low 5V line So I want a better PSU.

That's kind've why it's necessary to know the specs on it.

I've got a 300W Antec that has more AMPs and combined wattage than two P4 compatible PSUs I have. Bought the 400W for the same exact reason and my 5V ended up much worse than with the Antec so I stuck with it.

Quality is usually much better than quantity when getting a PSU with the newer boards that are plagued with the 5V problem.

OK... So what specs do u suggest me getting? like what amperage etc.?

I got one for £35 and it has a low 5V rail, but it has a long ATX lead so im oging to shorten it to make the 5v line stronger, does it have temp control and a picture of a frog on the side of it?

Just wondering as mine does!

Back