• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire won't work on Asus FormulaIV ROG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Hi there installed my new motherboard bought exdisplay.Everything works great i have been even able to get a much higher clock.Firs crossfire was working but then i wanted to try a different setup and i might have pulled the card without releasing the clip thing, the second PCI kind of poped out and i have pressed it back in dont know if it's from that but now ii cant enable crossfire although all the PCI slots work fine or so it seems. I have tryd diferent CCC and completely remove the drivers and install them back again. :bang head
I cant try a setup without using that PCI slot that i might have damaged cus i don't have a long crossfire bridge. Don't know what to do now so i have opened this thread HELP :attn:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    251.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 138
Yeah i rether just return the board and say it wasn't working in the first place he he (not very nice ;)

i might have pulled the card without releasing the clip thing, the second PCI(-e) kind of poped out and i have pressed it back in dont know if it's from that but now ii cant enable crossfire although all the PCI(-e) slots work fine or so it seems = Sounds like all was good until pulling and popping took place? If that is the case then it appears you likely broke something.

There is one thing you can try before getting another mobo. Remove all the video cards and try to start the board. The onboard electrical switching mechanism often does not 'reset' until all the video cards are out. After trying a boot which will certainly fail with video cards out, then turn off all power to the mobo and clear the CmOs according to your manual. Then put the video cards back and RE-power the board. If it is still a "fail" then the board popped bad.

yeah i'm not sure if it's me that broke it but yeah you'r right. Is it posible that all slots work fine indiviually but won't let me enable crossfire. hopefully when my long crossfire bridge will arrive i will be able to connect the top one and the third one and it will work fine then

did your Foxconn A9DA-S motherboard come with a xfire bridge just ordered one and dont know if it comes with one newegg didnt say if it did or not

Back