• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it Safe or unsafe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zepzeppelin

I've had a terrible time getting stable on my 3570K, maybe it's from the bottom of the Pile. Anyway I decided to let the ASUS Suite II do it's thing, and it came up with an Overclock of BCLK 105.8 Ratio x43 and results in 4549.00MHz with Core Voltage @1.360v under prime. I managed to reduce this to 1.160v Idle and 1.285v under Prime with an Offset of +0.199. I ran Prime under custom set RAM to 8000 and let it run for 3 hours Temps maxing 81c and No Errors!

Am I good to go and let it run like this? or will it cause any issues as the Offset in BIOS shows in RED figures :eh?:

Haven't been keeping up on overclocking for the past year, but from what I recall bclk overclocking tends to cause instability. At least when it came to sandy bridge chips it wasn't recommended to go over 105. I'm figuring OP should probably drop it to 100 and only mess with the multiplier. Is there any reason to overclock via bclk instead?

BLCK is tied to PCIe frequency which gets unstable fast. But it seems like it's stable in this case, so why not?

I think it's probably fine. The reason BCLK OCs are discouraged is that the BCLK speed affects several other speeds, not just the CPU. The more moving parts, the easier it is for something to become unstable.

If it's stable now, I would worry. (Though, I too, would discourage BCLK OCing if it can be avoided ;) )

Back