• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

elder scrolls online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hollywood96

Okay so I just wanted everyones opinion on what they think about the pricing I personal like the idea of having a paid subscription because it deters people who don't truly want to play the game and just want to sit around and be A## Holes that's what I believe to have kept the WoW and diablo community wholesome is that subscription because your only seeing people on there who are there to play the game please share your opinion and tell me what you think

Personally, I will never play a game that requires a subscription fee. It's just not worth the cost when I can play and enjoy another game without the monthly fee.

I played the ESO Beta a few times, and, to me, it just doesn't feel like an "Elder Scrolls" game. That deters me just as much as the subscription fee. If ESO used optional microtransactions instead of a subscription, I might try to get into it once released.

Diablo doesn't have subscription fee :thup:

I won't be getting it. I am like Matt I won't pay sub's to play a game I payed for not that I don't understand that they have server fee's and maintenance.

Beyond that the game play didn't look very elder scrolls like and thats what always hooked me seemed a lot more generic. Mind you I know this could change and be re worked to be better but meh still doesn't interest me.

With so many F2P / P2W games out there I would have a hard time bringing myself to pay for this.

Guildwars 2 is nice since you pay for the box (keep some of the rif-raf out) but its free otherwise + expansions. Lord of the Rings online I never had to many issues playing that game and that is F2P.

There is ups and downs to it but what do you expect. The key is getting a substantial customer base to keep it alive and servers filled. If they can't get probably 1.0-1,5mil people depending on the servers required to keep it afloat.

Agreed with most of the above, P2P isn't for me. The only game I ever paid a subscription for was Runescape wayyy back in the day when it just started P2P, and it was only $5/month... and I only played it for a few months.

Ahhh... I remember my full rune armor.. Now it's too much like WoW. I want the ****ty browser game I loved back.

Fun fact, the only difference in the P2P version and the F2P version was the game client in the very beginning. There was a section of the wilderness that was gated and only P2P players could get in there.. inside were level 100+ dragons and a spawn point for vials (Herblore had just come out). I would go into this section in the P2P client, then close out, log back in the F2P client, and be inside the area with no dragons, but still with the vials respawning.. I would stock up, rinse and repeat, and then sell them to Bluerose13X (first person to 99 smithing, only person who could smith Rune stuff) for Rune 2h's, battle axes, etc. Made me lots of gold, then I sold my account and made quite a bit of $$ for a kid. :)

Well I did enjoy playing the beta but I wouldn't pay monthly for it. I never will pay 2 play except for ps4 which you kinda need to for online.

ESO is a reskinned WoW with no raiding. What will you do once you hit max level? Most people jump around and chat then quickly get bored of doing that and stop signing in. Most P2P MMOs are just trying to copy WoW's formula, but seem to be highly lacking in endgame content. Then they wonder why they have to go F2P. FFXIV ARR is apparently having this very problem right now.

F2P games just aren't making it these days in terms of longterm players. Sure they work, but they don't bring in the type of funds necessary to continue development of endgame content. Most play the game, have a ton of fun for a couple months then quit once they hit max level with maybe 1-2 raids. Then come back for the small incremental updates and leave again.

Raids and difficult encounters require much more teamwork between players, strengthening that social aspect of MMOs. Without it, its almost like playing a coop campaign game. Once you beat it, you usually don't go through it again. If players stop playing a P2P game, they cut developers, which means less new content, which means more players leaving. I see ESO going F2P a year after launch.

I haven't gotten a beta invite so I don't really know if it's worth it to me or not yet. I assume when it is released there will be a trial version. If I like it enough, I may subscribe. I played WoW for 4 years and I don't regret it. It was fun back in the day. Kinda hoping ESO will be that next big thing. But if there's no trial, then I will probably never play.

Same here, got another invite. I missed the last several betas due to schedule conflicts. I'll probably hop on sometime this weekend to see what all has changed.

Woo got my invite last night! I'm installing now, it's a big download...18 gigs+.

Looking forward to rolling a dark elf, I don't have super high expectations but I'm hoping it captures the exploration of Oblivion & Skyrim.

Two exams today, and I haven't given myself a break from school in a little while, so I'll be there tonight. My ingame name will be Cuth or Slazerik depending on availability :)

I don't mind monthly fee to play as long as you give me plenty of content and better have insane support as in keeping hackers out period. I mean things happen but to me when I pay to play those are things I expect period no exceptions.When a game is not pay to play monthly then I'm a little looser on what I expect.

I don't mind monthly fee to play as long as you give me plenty of content and better have insane support as in keeping hackers out period. I mean things happen but to me when I pay to play those are things I expect period no exceptions.When a game is not pay to play monthly then I'm a little looser on what I expect.

This +1. I'm also more apt to do P2P if there's a F2P trial for me to test the game before hand.

Back