• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Z alpha starts tonight or tomorrow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If anyone wants to play with us they can. We were in a 6 man group last night and wrecked Campos for over an hour. We usually do voice with steam.

Also sometime this week or weekend is supposed to be the "Biggest Patch Ever!" I guess more buildings opened, all current areas have been changed (more details/room contents), the rest of the map, clans, more items, etc....

I have got an idear...... Do you think we could kite zombies to the safe zones and then loose them, that way people in safe zones can't defend themselves against zombie attack??? Or do the zombies have a barrier and can't cross the safe zone line? Food for thought

I think they do have a barrier around certain areas. I have some chase me out of town, but after a certain distance, they just stop. I've walked back to them and stood right next to them and they're completely docile. Definitely a bug.

I've noticed this as well specifically a few days ago heading back to pine settlement. Just like above mentioned they kinda stop in place.

Well the officially released the day we'll get the patch Tuesday the 27th.

What's coming in this patch:

1. Clans!
2. 2 new female characters
3. Colorado is now fully opened up
4. Bug fixes - duping, HTML use in chat, assorted smaller bugs
5. Barricades are done
6. Foul language filter (chat/names)

On last night with Rumble and Tech, we actually didn't get hacked the whole time lol. We had a hard time finding people though, I managed to chase someone down with my hammer who didn't see me, very satisfying.

I hope they add some major content soon. In just a few days back to DayZ I found some company and was enjoying my "running around" more so than in WarZ. Not to say I don't enjoy playing with the OCF guys in WarZ. It's just....the "spawning, running to Echos or Campos, getting a gun, dying to a hacker, spawning again" cycle was getting old. ;)

Tomorrow is a patch that is supposed to add (posted by 96s10):

1. Clans!
2. 2 new female characters
3. Colorado is now fully opened up
4. Bug fixes - duping, HTML use in chat, assorted smaller bugs
5. Barricades are done
6. Foul language filter (chat/names)

Hopefully hackers are not present though.

I hope they add some major content soon. In just a few days back to DayZ I found some company and was enjoying my "running around" more so than in WarZ. Not to say I don't enjoy playing with the OCF guys in WarZ. It's just....the "spawning, running to Echos or Campos, getting a gun, dying to a hacker, spawning again" cycle was getting old. ;)
I'll be honest. I don't see WarZ catching up to DayZ, it is just to far advanced compared to WarZ. I mean the crafting/repairing aspect of DayZ alone makes it so much better. You can make cars and helicopters! And the community seems to be much, much more open and friendly. There are so many websites dedicated to it that are helpful and open to new players while WarZ seems to cater to the bandits and the player base in general is just a bunch of horrible people. Unless the DayZ standalone makes some huge stumbles I don't see WarZ besting it.

I can't wait less than 24hrs. Oh and bugfreak, the game was $14.99 give it a rest with the DayZ comparisons will ya?

It is foolish to not compare them. They are both similar in their genre, focus, development time, pricepoint and "retail" launch window. That is extremely rare. I am not sure there are 2 games out there that are not more similar or in competition with each other than these two.

Last edited:
I can't wait less than 24hrs. Oh and bugfreak, the game was $14.99 give it a rest with the DayZ comparisons will ya?
And WarZ is $24.99 (or more), what is your point? To not compare two almost identical and competing games would be pretty stupid don't you think? How else would we know which is better? :confused:

did they ever get rid of the hackers?
was thinking about purchasing this game, but meh il stick with dayz. private hives fo lyfe!

Back