• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10XTriplet

Disabled
Wanted to know if the Galaxy tab 2 7" is a good device for kids? I just picked up the 32gig Nexus 7 for myself, however price tag of $179 seems attractive for the tab 2 and the specs are not bad either. I'm also looking for a bumper case or enclosure to protect the device from accidental falls...

How old is the kid? There are specific kids tablets you can get that are fairly break-proof but obviously the specs wont be as good as Galaxy tab 2 on any kiddie versions. Alternatively if you want somthing cheaperyou could go for an ereader. Many now are great for both reading and game play like the Android one, so alround great for work and play. Here have a look at about.com to read up...

For yourself maybe you could go for the Galaxy Note 2. It functions as a phone and a tablet all in one yet it only costs about the same as a phone on its own. read more about Galaxy note 2

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 of the Kindle Fire 2nd Generation tablets. Seemed to be a better fit than the Nexus 7, even if its the best tablet on the planet.. The 2nd Gen Kindle fire offers 1gig of RAM and faster dual core CPU... only 8gig, but I got them for $129 + $15 to remove the advertising at the lock screen... My kids don't need to be tempted to buy stuff... ;) $156 delivered. Ordered them on Cyber Monday.

Back