• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Z alpha starts tonight or tomorrow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hell I'm thinking of moving over to WarZ-E now.

It's amazing.... to say the least. We played last night no hacks, no hackers amazing. Zombies are 2x faster and actually a threat. Some areas are a tad bit different.

It's just awesome. Brings tears to my eyes. Hell they have a whole team of people working on it. Will be just like Ragnarok, the official server was pretty boring. The private ones were amazing with same content and 1000000000x more custom content live events all the time etc.

They already are running live events once a week.

So to play the emulator do I need the actual game files? I read around on their forums and couldn't really figure it out.

on there forum i think they have a post about code 8. My buddies and i have zero issues. if the launcher is tryin to update just search the forum for patchs person put up a link to the patch files.

Sometimes you have to keep trying and eventually you get past the code 8. Seems to do it more during the day when the servers are more full. Last night was absolutely full of ownage.

Heh, was finally able to get in a bit this morning. Spawned outside some bit city at first, Clearwater? and was subsequently shot by someone when I tried to enter what looked like a firestation/police. Second time around, after trying to re-log after dying, spawned up in the NE corner by a resort. Scavenged some goods, and traveled SW direction. Found a downed heli with an M16 near by. Picked it up and was quickly shot.

Guess I just keep trying. Need to learn where to go for supplies and what areas to avoid at all cost. Unfortunately, with FC3 about to unlock in a few hours, I doubt WZ will be getting any play for the next few days.

So the game is now free? Or just until the devs shut it down? I guess $25 wasn't too much to waste :)

So the game is now free? Or just until the devs shut it down? I guess $25 wasn't too much to waste :)

Where is the game free? AFAIK; the regular WarZ is still $15 - $50 depending on what package you buy.

The emulator is free to play, but you still need to have the original so I see no free anywhere.

Heh, was finally able to get in a bit this morning. Spawned outside some bit city at first, Clearwater? and was subsequently shot by someone when I tried to enter what looked like a firestation/police. Second time around, after trying to re-log after dying, spawned up in the NE corner by a resort. Scavenged some goods, and traveled SW direction. Found a downed heli with an M16 near by. Picked it up and was quickly shot.

Guess I just keep trying. Need to learn where to go for supplies and what areas to avoid at all cost. Unfortunately, with FC3 about to unlock in a few hours, I doubt WZ will be getting any play for the next few days.
We like to hang around the Parkerville/Campos area. Echos Compound has some decent gear to. I hate, and most of us hate Clearview. Thing is these servers are pretty much full all the time so chances are you are going to run into someone in any area loot spawns. I shoot on sight no questions asked even "bambis" thats just how I like t play, I am a bandit (I even shoot Rumble and Tech on occasion lol). If you can try to join up with one of us and we can get you some guns and stuff, I put like 10 guns in my global last night.

Last edited:
Where is the game free? AFAIK; the regular WarZ is still $15 - $50 depending on what package you buy.

The emulator is free to play, but you still need to have the original so I see no free anywhere.

get on mumble! SEEBS!!!!!!!!! or hit me on steam!!!!

lol

you can modify the regular game for those who do not have it you can dl it on emu forums links all over for it.

I can tell what to do very easy.

Well worth it we own.

Radio_Active, you guys have a mumble server? Like you said, with servers being as full as they are it's a real crapshoot as far as being able to get on the same server. But I'll try to make another toon later (re-fill all my cash since I wasted a lot through trial and error) and maybe we can get a few OCN people together.

Yes we use mumble you will have to PM Rumble for the info. We are able to get on the same server, just have to keep trying if it says full someone will drop out eventually (people die all the time which forces them to log if they want to play). We usually meet up around 7-8pm PST.

Back