• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a GTX 770 enough for two 1080p monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syliss

Registered
As the title says, I am wondering whether or not a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 is reasonable for powering two 1920x1080 displays. I do a lot of gaming, but I was considering buying an additional 24" 1920x1080 panel. Would I experience a massive performance drop, or is my card enough to give me playable framerates across two monitors?

I would suspect that you would hit a vram cap, since the recommended for one 1080p monitor is 2-3gb.

Gaming on 2 monitors... I take it mmo's are your thing? If gaming on one 2gb is fine..more for 2+. If you just have an image on the other but play on 1, you should be fine.

Gaming on 2 monitors... I take it mmo's are your thing? If gaming on one 2gb is fine..more for 2+. If you just have an image on the other but play on 1, you should be fine.
No, actually, I don't play MMOs. My main reason for an extra monitor would be to increase my ability to edit video productively, along with just having extra screen real-estate. The monitor I have was relatively cheap, so I wouldn't see it as a waste to buy another of the same model.

No, actually, I don't play MMOs. My main reason for an extra monitor would be to increase my ability to edit video productively, along with just having extra screen real-estate. The monitor I have was relatively cheap, so I wouldn't see it as a waste to buy another of the same model.

You can power up to 3 different screens from a 770... Two on DVI and one over HDMI/DisplayPort... One for gaming the other two for whatever. You would honestly probably even be able to use nVidia's Surround on a few older games that support it... Nothing like Crysis 3 on ultra though by any means.

It sounded like you were trying to game across both monitors in your OP. But if you are just using the one, you are more than fine, like Earthdog said.

Back