• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to increase Partitioned Disk Size without Re-Format ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When you click on my computer, then click on your C drive. Then click on the users folder, then click on the folder with your username.(usually below the Public folder) There you will see your data folders. Documents, Music, Saved Games, etc. If you right click on one of those folders and then click Properties, and then click on the location tab, you can change the location to a folder on your D drive, thus moving that folder to the D drive and all of the contents. That will free up space on your C partition.

Windows 7: resize partition from drive D: to C:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135970-resize-partition-driver-d-c.html

There are two pages to this thread. Post #2 has everything you need including link to 3rd party software and link to tutorial on using the 3rd party software. Also in that second post as in many on the rest of the two pages are cautions to backup/image your data before doing partition moving/resizing as there can be issues.

I will be honest in that I have done this type of task so many times that imaging for safety and then booting to a 3rd party partition manager is like sleeping with one's brother...there is nothing to it.
RGone...ster.

Back