• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What AMD CPU do you run?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which type of AMD CPU do you run in your *main* rig.

• 90nm Winchester Athlon64/FX/Opteron(s)

Votes: 593 43.1%
  • 130nm Newcastle/Sledgehammer/Clawhammer Athlon64/FX/Opteron(s)

Votes: 222 16.1%
  • Athlon XP [Barton core]

Votes: 358 26.0%
  • Athlon XP [Thoroughbred A or B core]

Votes: 103 7.5%
  • Athlon XP [Palomino core]

Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Other Athlon [Thunderbird core or Slot A Athlon]

Votes: 17 1.2%
  • Duron [Spitfire or Morgan]

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Duron [Applebred]

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Sempron [Any socket]

Votes: 43 3.1%
  • Athlon XP [Thornton]

Votes: 8 0.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old unlocked desktop Barton 2500+. I really love it, except that it can't do 9x multiplier; that would give me a bit more speed because of the way my memory and motherboard act.

Going 90nm 939 PCI-e in the summer.

Desktop Barton 2500+ Oc'd to 2.3GHz. The CPU is superlocked so I can't change the multi. Will do 2.4GHz at 2v vcore but my little 330W PSU can't keep up.

Mobile AthlonXP Barton 2600+ IQwhatevah

First chip I've tried to overclock, so much fun playing around with it.

See sig for more info

AMD XP Barton 2500 (multi locked), running at 2.5ghz. 12 hrs. prime stable on all settings & 3d stable as well.

Right now I'm running a XP-M 2400+ (Barton), but who knows, I might win the lottery tommorow and get myself a brand new s939 FX system :D

These kinds of Polls need to be restarded about every 3-4 months. Right now I see that most people use Barton, in a few months it might move more into the direction of 90nm Venices/Winchesters as prices drop, new mobos appear...
In 3-4 months this thread will be irrelevant. My suggestion is to keep it running for 2-3 weeks, then lock it. And start a new one in a few months when stuff change. And then it'll be interesting to compare those two polls to see where we got.

The Coolest said:
These kinds of Polls need to be restarded about every 3-4 months. Right now I see that most people use Barton, in a few months it might move more into the direction of 90nm Venices/Winchesters as prices drop, new mobos appear...
In 3-4 months this thread will be irrelevant. My suggestion is to keep it running for 2-3 weeks, then lock it. And start a new one in a few months when stuff change. And then it'll be interesting to compare those two polls to see where we got.

A good and well thought out idea.

.130 FX-55 Here.

aircooledfx55.jpg

Last edited:
I was kind of torn. I have a Sempron, but it's really nothing more than an XP Tbred B with a new name. So I voted Sempron just to be different :)

barton...
futuremark

my rig should last another 12 months...

a 64 bit version of windows and a multi-cored CPU ---> ?

in the mean time A64 S939 Venice silicon could be very tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back