• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG warning about 144/146/148 Opterons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bboyfobulous said:
i just got my 148 CAB2E in the mail ....... the pins were all broken and bent to hell tho ....newegg better gimmie a new one!!

This is exactly what happened to me! I just got the replacement yesterday! It took them over a week to get my new one to me. :(

bboyfobulous said:
i just got my 148 CAB2E in the mail ....... the pins were all broken and bent to hell tho ....newegg better gimmie a new one!!

I had that happen to me a year ago with a 3000+ Winchester that I bought from monarch. You bought yours as retail, right? I bought mine as retail, and the green packaging on the inside of the retail box was all shattered, and the CPU and the Stock Heatsink made out with each other the whole ride with FedEx.

I saw this as AMD's fault, since the retail box was NEVER opened, and arrived sealed, and damaged. I felt bad for monarch, but hey it wasn't my fault.

tedy said:
so you guys think CENTON 2*512 TCCD 110$ is a bargain ?
Wtf? TCCD for $110? WHERE! lol

g0dM@n said:
Well, my OCZ plat 2 right off the bat just did SuperPI fully stable at 300x10 3-4-4-8 cpc on.

Looks like the x10 multi works now!!! I guess it was the freakin' divider!!!

I guess I'll have to sell my BH5 and stick with this ocz plat stuff. I just did superPI 1mb at 2.5-4-4-8, and running 32M right now... good stuff for what I paid!!!

I'm so glad that the x10 is functional now... 3.1+ghz here I come!
Hahaha, I KNEW it! :D Glad you got it working properly. :)

Aw dammit to hell, I paid 165 for my 144s, oh well. waiting on my dfi expert and a 7800 gtx now before I start overclocking. Can't wait to see what my ocz can really do, I had such a hell of a time ocing them before, and it was prolly just my damn winchester.

Oh yeah, bought from none other than tankguys, CAB2E 0540 FPMW.
Anyone know anything about this week and batch?

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
Well, my OCZ plat 2 right off the bat just did SuperPI fully stable at 300x10 3-4-4-8 cpc on.

Looks like the x10 multi works now!!! I guess it was the freakin' divider!!!

I guess I'll have to sell my BH5 and stick with this ocz plat stuff. I just did superPI 1mb at 2.5-4-4-8, and running 32M right now... good stuff for what I paid!!!

I'm so glad that the x10 is functional now... 3.1+ghz here I come!

Sweet !!
BH5 evil
TCCD/TCC5 :attn:

Back