• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need more juice for BF3 Max 60fps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Support

Registered
I want 60 Fps on all ultra highest setting

currently running a 960T OC'ed @4.0 And 6850

Can i squeeze out more juice out of my 6850 or get better frames if i upgrade to a i5 ivy 3570k? Or Will my GFX be holding me back at this point And if so please reccomend a good 250$ that can hopefully max out bf3 with a i5 3570k

TL;DR

WHAT DO I NEED TO PAIR WITH A i5 3570k TO GET MAX SETTINGS... Thanks hehe.

Again you need a 670/680 or 7950/7970.

I have a 560ti sli setup and I am limited by the 1gb frame buffer when running @1920x1200 otherwise I get 60fps. When I hit the frame buffer limit every 30-45 seconds it drops to 22-27fps then picks back up to 60fps :(

Here you go.
battlefield%201920.png

Damn gonna cost me a bit to upgrade

BF3 is a *****. my 480 flicked from 30-60 a lot. My 670 overclocked smacks bf3 out of the park @ 1080. You could flog your current card for a little to offset the price. I managed to get my 670 for £150 after i got £200 for my 480

BF3 is a *****. my 480 flicked from 30-60 a lot. My 670 overclocked smacks bf3 out of the park @ 1080. You could flog your current card for a little to offset the price. I managed to get my 670 for £150 after i got £200 for my 480

Thanks for the tip man!

And btw you know where i could find a Nvidia Vs ATI/Radeon Comparison chart showing the equivalent cards on a chart.

Thanks for the tip man!

And btw you know where i could find a Nvidia Vs ATI/Radeon Comparison chart showing the equivalent cards on a chart.

well the one above pretty much does that ;) But rule of thumb is that nvidia cards run bf3 better than AMD cards. So a 670 will beat anything that AMD can offer apart from a dual GPU solution like the 7990 which would cost a fortune

well the one above pretty much does that ;) But rule of thumb is that nvidia cards run bf3 better than AMD cards. So a 670 will beat anything that AMD can offer apart from a dual GPU solution like the 7990 which would cost a fortune

Whats makes GTX better then Radeon for BF3? The way its built? Architectural differences?

The "2nd" card in Nvidia's lineup (GTX670) beats AMD's "1st" card (and the 670 is cheaper than 79700. It just performs better on Nvidia cards.

The "2nd" card in Nvidia's lineup (GTX670) beats AMD's "1st" card (and the 670 is cheaper than 79700. It just performs better on Nvidia cards.

indeed. It differs from game to game. Aparently the AMD 7XXX series performs better on shogun 2 total war. It depends on the title.

hehe 79700 new super gpu? :p

A HD 7850 would do well enough; but you won't get those frames you want at Ultra...

I REALLY REALLY do NOT understand the NEED to run BF3 at Ultra settings at 60fps+. Why not just run everything on High; keep AA/AF low/off; but keep post processing (FXAA)on medium or higher? It looks just as good; and if you're playing multiplayer; you want more frames vs prettier details which you'll NEVER EVER notice the difference during intensive multiplayer anyway... Single player doesn't require those types of frame rates either..

My Local 'Best aus e-tailer' PCCG has a facebook page I frequently visit and post in. Many many many people keep posting overkill builds in an attempt 'max BF3 at ultra 60fps+'. It's sooooo silly.. >< Just a HUGE waste of money. But this is purely my opinion. I just wanted to chime in and make a 'lower the settings; get same result' suggestion. The rest I just wanted to share/rant. Everyone has already answered your actual question. =).

Mind you; if you HAVE the money to burn; go for it. If you're scrapping by on a part time wage whilst you're studying; deal with a little bit lower settings and save yourself some money.. IMO.

A HD 7850 would do well enough; but you won't get those frames you want at Ultra...

I REALLY REALLY do NOT understand the NEED to run BF3 at Ultra settings at 60fps+. Why not just run everything on High; keep AA/AF low/off; but keep post processing (FXAA)on medium or higher? It looks just as good; and if you're playing multiplayer; you want more frames vs prettier details which you'll NEVER EVER notice the difference during intensive multiplayer anyway... Single player doesn't require those types of frame rates either..

My Local 'Best aus e-tailer' PCCG has a facebook page I frequently visit and post in. Many many many people keep posting overkill builds in an attempt 'max BF3 at ultra 60fps+'. It's sooooo silly.. >< Just a HUGE waste of money. But this is purely my opinion. I just wanted to chime in and make a 'lower the settings; get same result' suggestion. The rest I just wanted to share/rant. Everyone has already answered your actual question. =).

Mind you; if you HAVE the money to burn; go for it. If you're scrapping by on a part time wage whilst you're studying; deal with a little bit lower settings and save yourself some money.. IMO.

100% agreed with this statement.

ok ;) tangent over. So yer if you play primarily BF get yourself an nvidia card.

simples.jpg

Whats the Nvidia equivalent to the 7850?

Back