• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-3770 forced unlocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rey

So, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas/knows of any methods to unlock a 3770 to 3770k? Unfortunately I decided not to buy a K version and so my multiplier is locked. I'm on a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H mobo. If anyone knows of a way to unlock it that would be great, although it's not a huge deal. Google hasn't been helpful in this case.

I'm really dissapointed that intel decided to squeeze more money out of people instead of leaving things be. I can still get a massive 1.2 ghz increase (2.2 stock to 3.4) out of my e2200. But oh well.

Thanks in advance.

There's no way to unlock the chip. So, you'll have to rely on locking the max turbo multiplier to get 3.9 GHz and/or trying to get some more bclk out of the chip. For example, 39 x 105 MHz for 4.095 GHz

Asrock has a feature called "no-k oc" on some of their z77 boards but I have no idea what it does or how succssfull it is.

Asrock has boards that oc the by increasing the base clock speed. Something along the line of a fsb ocing. I was looking at their mixture board and has a 150mhz max base clock option in bios.

The locked i7-3770 will go 4 bins turbo over stock. With 4 cores running it will run at 3.8 GHz and a single core it will run 4.3GHz.

So try and set your multiplier to 4.3GHz.

Last edited:
Back