• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any good gaming monitor 27in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good Day

I cant wait to get me a Monitor The one I have is still working and good But it is 10 Years old Now :D and every one I know has this 27 + monitors and I keep telling my self it is Time to upgrade

So I spotted this last Night the Asus VG27AH

So My question is what is a good monitor for gaming it does not have to be this ASUS that I saw last Night also It seems to me I Love the 27in but I have a small desk and I know if I go with the 24in I will be disappointed ( Not sure I think :D )

thank u

What graphics card etc do you have to power the system? Sorry Im mobile so I cant see sigs if you have it in there.

Also are you looking at a 2560x1440 27in screen or 1920x1080?

What graphics card etc do you have to power the system? Sorry Im mobile so I cant see sigs if you have it in there.

Also are you looking at a 2560x1440 27in screen or 1920x1080?

Thanks for the fast reply

I have the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OCWF3X,2GBDDR5

and this is where I need help I am Not sure to go with the 2560 or 1920 ??

what is the difference ?? Im not doing any Pictures or any special editing Just Games and tell you the truth I wouldn't know the difference

:popcorn:

2560x1440 is much higher resolution so games will look better. I personally can't stand 27" 1080p monitors because at typical sitting distance you can see each pixel.

That being said, at 2560x 1440 a 760 is going to choke. Even a 780 will struggle on the most demanding games if you like having all the gfx options on.

2560x1440 is much higher resolution so games will look better. I personally can't stand 27" 1080p monitors because at typical sitting distance you can see each pixel.

That being said, at 2560x 1440 a 760 is going to choke. Even a 780 will struggle on the most demanding games if you like having all the gfx options on.

Thanks Man So My first thing I should Look at is the 2560 correct ??

Because I dont understand what you Mean By
2560x 1440 a 760 is going to choke.
Forgive me English is My second Language

:)

Simply put, a 2560x1440 monitor requires a very strong GPU, or multiple GPUs, to run max settings. If you are not willing to make those upgrades, or play games at reduced graphic settings, a 24" 1080p monitor is a great choice.

I personally think, at least for my viewing distance, a 27" monitor is too big. I run a 25.5" monitor and it's about as large as I would want.

Simply put, a 2560x1440 monitor requires a very strong GPU, or multiple GPUs, to run max settings. If you are not willing to make those upgrades, or play games at reduced graphic settings, a 24" 1080p monitor is a great choice.

I personally think, at least for my viewing distance, a 27" monitor is too big. I run a 25.5" monitor and it's about as large as I would want.

You are so right in this ,, Because I have a small desk and I would be very very close to a 27in

+1 Go for the 24" 1080 res.

Ok so now we Determined that a 24 is what I will be Looking at NOW witch one :D any recommendations Please and Also Please look at my sig with the video card I have a good Combination

Thanks Guys

ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight.

thank you for the fast reply Im just Looking at this Monitor on newegg it looks Nice and Affordable

Still open for more suggestions

:popcorn:

Looking at the Video from newegg TV about this Monitor you recommended

Wingman99 that is a very Nice Monitor I am considering it
many thanks

Just an UPDATE I am Looking around in Local shops for this Monitor < Not all are open for the weekend Because Easter Sorry this is not Like the USA Here in Germany they shut down every thing even grocery stories

so It will Be Tuesday entail I start Looking again and I dont think newegg will ship to Germany Not sure I have to Look again

Last edited:
Back