• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Official Forum Wars (Winter Wars) 2010 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok well I signed up I guess, lol @ no confirmation.

The only thing with running dual 4890's on my P55 board is its 8x/8x pipeline. Not sure if that would kill the scores much or what...

If I need to get another 4890 (like thats where you guys want me to bench) I will need to get a head start purchasing one.

4890's should be fine on an x8 slot. wont be much difference either way with those cards I would think

anyone know what they want for a time stamp on our benches. and where we will post them

You might be pushing it. I had a friend having problems with his GTS250/ e5200 setup on a 400cx.

Well I couldn't get that other 4890 in the classifieds so right now my rig will be the following.

i7 860
Asus P7P55D-Pro
Corsair XMS3 1600-8-8-8-24
MSI Radeon 4890 OC
CPU under water, GPU - Air

Question I have is should I clock the vid card down to reference when I run my baseline benches? Its "stock" is 880/999. I think reference is 850/950.

Last edited:
my rig will be
I7 920
4870x2
kingston hyper2000 9-9-9
and so far air, but may end up with a pot for some dice action

Question I have is should I clock the vid card down to reference when I run my baseline benches? Its "stock" is 880/999. I think reference is 850/950.

When you pair the two you will run at the lowest speeds of the two in any event, that is what CF or SLI does.

Hmm.

Well so far for me it looks like im going to be running the rig in my sig. My 295 is comeing back to me via fedex, that would probably be the only change. And even then Im not sure, I cannot squeeze of more then 4.1 air cooled in a stable fashion :( :(

I might get a new mobo today, this ud5 is ok, but lots of droop.. No LLC for me if I stay with this board.. Not too sure what kind of difference it would make at this point tho.. Probably not much :cry: My CPU deal kind of fell through, so now Im at a loss. 920's still retail for 330 here :mad:

I don't think you'll need to. The stock scores have a few jobs. They help people learn the proper format for posting scores, they give a good headcount on who is actually going to participate, and it gives our team leaders a baseline to create a goal for you to reach for. So I don't think downclocking to reference is something you'll need to worry with.

will we have to host our own screenshots, or send them to one of the leaders and let them take care of them.

I don't think you'll need to. The stock scores have a few jobs. They help people learn the proper format for posting scores, they give a good headcount on who is actually going to participate, and it gives our team leaders a baseline to create a goal for you to reach for. So I don't think downclocking to reference is something you'll need to worry with.

Exactly correct, one other thing its good for is an emergency backup, if your rig blows up at least we have A SCORE to use rather than no score. One of the big reasons OCF wins this competition so often is that other teams have a much higher "no show" rate than us. Heck we've had teams that weren't supposed to win anything (because the roster had been masterfully stacked to win everything else) still end up winning because the teams they were against didn't post scores.

Also as for image hosting, I can always host jpgs on my website as well if it becomes an issue, but you'll need to get your stuff done early enough to make arangements and give me time to post it...

There is a scores thread at TRP that will be created once she opens up. I just use imageshack and the forum thumbnails for scoring.

Back